Hello all, new here...

KDOG

Oct 6, 2013
Dennis Township NJ
Hi everyone. First post here. I've always been an "out in the woods" person and now I've been starting to explore the hiking trails as well as the lakes in the pine barrens. I live practically at the southern tip of the region, down in Dennis township, so I've been hiking and kayaking at East Creek Lake and Trail, Pickle Factory pond and in the Lake Nummy area. In fact my avatar is a pic I snapped at East Creek Lake. Gonna start going further north hitting more trails and lakes. I hope to learn alot here, thanks!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Welcome to the site! I'm in the Southern part of the state as well, and there are lots of good places around here to explore. You might be interested in my map, it's free and it includes all the hiking trails in Belleplain - notice that I used screenshots of Pickle Factory Pond in the description too. :) http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/294/

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
Hi everyone. First post here. I've always been an "out in the woods" person and now I've been starting to explore the hiking trails as well as the lakes in the pine barrens. I live practically at the southern tip of the region, down in Dennis township, so I've been hiking and kayaking at East Creek Lake and Trail, Pickle Factory pond and in the Lake Nummy area. In fact my avatar is a pic I snapped at East Creek Lake. Gonna start going further north hitting more trails and lakes. I hope to learn alot here, thanks!

Hi KDOG,

Welcome to the forum. I fish East Creek on a kayak about twice a week and I recognize your blue kayak. Don't know if you do any fishing there, but the top water bass bite at dusk has been phenomenal...though that may change now that a cold front has moved in.

I won't go near the East Creek Trail in the fall because the chiggers are horrendous in that area. You're not even immune from them on the lake if you brush up against the vegetation on the shoreline, like I did a few weeks ago and ended up with 100+ chigger bites on my torso & thighs.

If you're looking to kayak in the pines, there are several lakes & rivers. Batsto Lake and Lake Oswego are two of my favorites because you can kayak up the rivers that feed them. Lots of places to hike in the pines. You can probably tell from my avatar that my favorite place to hike is the Batona Trail.

KDOG

Oct 6, 2013
Dennis Township NJ
Cool. I don't fish I just explore and photograph. Its a small world that someone recognizes ya on a forum lol. Actually In have been researching Batona lately too. I just did the little Ponds Trail both ways the other day. I got a bad case of chiggers myself a couple of weeks ago. Doused myself with some Repel Max next time and I didn't have any problems.

I like East Creek its a very nice lake and trail. Its a shame people trash it up. The other day I took it upon myself to pick up 2 bags of trash right there at the boat launch, including a huge piece of black plastic by the entrance. They really need to put some trash bins out there.