Hello...is there anybody in there

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Your post 28 in this thread showed a map that Plumsted owns it.

Not really; it shows a road/trail running along the edge of the preserve. It would be helpful if the easement data or map were available. There used to be a sign, with map, nailed to one of the tree's that had more info on it. Last time I was there I walked the trail, had no issues with any home owners. Not sure why there appears to be one now.

The Plumsted zoning map shows an individual parcel.

169448175.jpg

Last edited:

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I would make a trip there and take this photo and a few others of different over lays with me in case anyone said anything to me and if they started anything I"d tell them we can take this to the judge and let him decide whose shi$$in who.

Reactions: bobpbx

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
So, what you are saying is that the easement does not belong to the township because on their map they are showing a closed lot, with one of its bounds at the end of the easement?

Not saying anything other than it appears to be a separate, distinct parcel for zoning purposes, and asking who owns it. No owner info I could find for what appears to be the street address, 27 cranberry canners rd, other than that it is the same address as the home on Google maps, but Google isn't the best of references.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I think I remember another sign, and this is it. So maybe Green Acres owns it. I'm going to the township to find out if they even know.

1562295742378.png

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
If I have the lot/block correct it is not listed as a Green Acres property. Perhaps that sign is for the preserve itself.

T

Toothy Critter

I called Plumstead Township and a friendly woman said she would ask around the Municipality about Jumping Brook, and call me back...which she did. But so far, no one in town has any idea about the place, which I find amusing. But she said their zoning officer would be in on Tuesday and that she texted him about it, and she would call me back then. Seems like you opened a can of worms, Bob. She asked why was I interested and I mentioned about fishing, and how others may be interested in birding, and or botany, and hiking. She now is curious herself so maybe the township will discover their own little hidden spot. Gee, if I knew the place was such a secret, and, I was a hitman for the mob...:cool:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Thanks Critter, let me know what you find out. By the way, a person I know told me today that it's actually a New Jersey Conservation Foundation property, but it's not well known that it is. I could find no mention of it on their web site.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
TC, will they be checking on that thin sliver of property that is believed to be an access easement/ROW, or the preserve itself? From the posts, I thought it was just the sliver along the border of 27 Cranberry Canners Rd that was in question.

T

Toothy Critter

TC, will they be checking on that thin sliver of property that is believed to be an access easement/ROW, or the preserve itself? From the posts, I thought it was just the sliver along the border of 27 Cranberry Canners Rd that was in question.

I specifically asked about access so whether its the point in question or any other, I hope to find out Tuesday. I did mention the perceived access point from Cranberry Growers Road, and she was familiar with that road, so we shall see

T

Toothy Critter

So She got back to me and said the zoning officer contacted the owner of the property who in turn said he did not want anyone in the area. No fishing, hiking, no nothing. Hope I did not bring attention to the area by calling Plumstead if anyone had designs of going there. Sorry.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The owner of the house next to the road said this? If the property behind her house is public and the access next to her property is piblic then she has nothing to say about it.If it's not her property then what she wants or doesn't want is irrelevant.We have a man down here who has taken over the power line access next to his yard by planting trees and bushes in the power line.I told my wife I can't wait till they need to maintain that line and roll right over his little botantical garden he;s created in the middle of the power line.Instead of letting her get away with it they should go in and put a fence across her lawn or what she thinks is her lawn and make the access official and a parking area right next to her yard.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
So She got back to me and said the zoning officer contacted the owner of the property who in turn said he did not want anyone in the area. No fishing, hiking, no nothing. Hope I did not bring attention to the area by calling Plumstead if anyone had designs of going there. Sorry.

Thanks for checking. So the ZO says the 'access road' property belongs to the house adjacent to it. At some point they must have had a Wetlands Easement, hence the signs. Perhaps the property owners had problems with folks using it and changed their minds or the property changed owners. Just have to find another access point. However, they cannot keep folks from using the preserve, unless they are the owners of it; the term area can mean anything.

Reactions: manumuskin

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I don't gather from what Critter said, that the access road property belongs to the house adjacent to it. In fact, there is not enough information in what he said to make any kind of determination. Stay out? Stay out of what? I can't tell if they mean the larger property or the access road. I'm going to the township to try and figure this out.

Reactions: manumuskin
T

Toothy Critter

Not clear on the access road but personally I find that moot since there is nothing to access. Jumping Brook is private and the owner does not want anyone on it. And when I say "owner" I mean the owner of Jumping Brook itself, not the neighbor who may or may not own the access road. So therefore, what's the diff who the access ROAD belongs to. :( I betcha there's a 30" snot rocket in there too.