Hello...is there anybody in there

T

Toothy Critter

Look, IDK who said what to whoever. The only info I got was from a woman that works for Plumstead Township. Whether or not there are people pulling strings in the backround, I wouldn"t know. Did they actually call the property owner, or are they friends with the neighbor of the road and made up a BS story to tell me, who knows. I just know that I was told Plumstead called and spoke to the OWNER OF JUMPIMG BROOK CONSERVATION. Not anyone with a house on Cranberry growers road. Bob, how did u know who the owner was?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
The plot thickens. This shows they own the two lots north of it too. And, it's classified as public property on this site (NJparcels.com)

Attachments

• 1562901490470.png
    1562901490470.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 241

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
If classified as public property and they pay no taxes, this must mean something.....

And, ain't it funny that the address shown is a place owned by New Jersey Conservation Foundation.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Okay, now I'm getting a little put off by what they told you Critter. Look at this link (automatically shortened--see Plum2 below):

"National Biodiversity Parks, in cooperation with the New Jersey Conservation Foundation, shall manage this property for a broad spectrum of natural communities. New Jersey Conservation Foundation is well known for its preservation accomplishments in NJ. The management plan’s main goals shall be to maximize biodiversity while considering threatened and endangered species. The provision of low impact educational and recreational activities, especially for our youth, shall be emphasized."

NBP would like to recognize the following organizations who were instrumental in the Plumsted Township acquisition: New Jersey Conservation Foundation (NJCF), NJDEP Green Acres Program (Green Acres), the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF), and the Open Space Institute (OSI).

Special thanks is given to the following individuals who dedicated great time and effort towards this project: Emile DeVito (NJCF), Susan Currie (NJCF), Susan Seyboldt (Green Acres), Suzanne Oversvee (NFWF), and Sam Huber (OSI). The following NBP individuals deserve special recognition: Mike Meriney, Dave Magpiong, Scott Angus, Mike Casper, Scott Elowitz, Mike Dougherty, and Fred Virrazzi.

The conservation community would like to thank the Havey Family for their dedication to preserving this property for the common good.

T

Toothy Critter

I am so confused now. It does seem as though I was BS'ed. I should pay a visit to the address in Carteret that you posted, but it is shown simply as a house. Although Plumstead did say that there WAS a plan in effect at one time to create public use but that those plans were abandoned. IDK, but when it comes to the government telling me something...:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
This was on the Plumsted Twnshp meeting schedule on 4/4/2018. However this parcel is across the street from the property under discussion in this thread. I believe it is where the canning ruins are behind the chain link fence.

"RESOLUTION NO. 2018-157 - AUTHORIZING THE CREDIT REFUND OF TAXES PAID BY NATIONAL BIODIVERSITY PARKS, INC. AND NEW JERSEY CONSERVATION FOUNDATION AND THE REFUND OF A TAX LIEN TO US BANK CUST. LIENLOGIC FUND I FOR 26 CRANBERRY CANNERS ROAD ALSO KNOWN AS BLOCK 89, LOT 31 ON THE TAX MAP OF THE TOWNSHIP OF PLUMSTED, DUE TO REDUCED ASSESSMENT BY THE NEW JERSEY TAX COURT"

Plumsted also has a land use board that might be able to provide more info.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
My guess is NBPI had the money, but not the land acquisition knowledge to wheel the deal and manage it. Odd that the people that helped (NJCF), (Green Acres), (NFWF), and (OSI) are all promoters of open space for the public, but the property is now closed. I think another board member gave me a clue as to why that may be, and it has to do with what their website says:

"This property also has rich agricultural history as it was home to one of the first cranberry companies in the world. Below is an archival postcard of the former cranberry canners plant courtesy of Monmouth Plus. Several of the historic structures still remain on site and will be restored to house our education and research programs."

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Well if the area is private why all the hullabloo on how to access it? I"m confused.Oh well I"m not after snot rockets anyway.I can manufacture them on my own.

It was advertised as a preserve on the township map. Note that it also advertises a hiking trail. It all just makes for an interesting mystery.