Hello...is there anybody in there

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The NJ Tax search site gives no info on those blocks and lots but the area is clearly listed as a preserve on Google Maps with plenty of area to access along the borders by road though you may have to walk in to the ponds.Checking the Open space over lay now

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Here is the open space boundaries.All lots in the red line are owned by the NJ Conservation Fund

Attachments

• Jumping Brook.jpg
    Jumping Brook.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 222

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Do not go in where everyone is discussing weather it's her yard or not.It appears to be her yard right to the edge of the woods accpording to the open space file.But the woods just to the north or left in pic of her grass is open space.You can beat feet through the woods any where from Long Swamp Rd to her property.The access appears to be private (the road everyone has been discussing)

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Okay I have off fridays and saturdays right now.Anyone want to go check this place out with me? It's way up there for me but my interest has been piked (pardon the pun TC) :) Snot Rockets aside look like there might be some nice photo ops in there.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
So I don't understand why folks can't go in off of Cranberry Canners Road.It is NJ Conservation Fund property.Is that public land? It's outlined in the NJ State Open Space file.

I walked into the preserve using the trail next to the house, maybe 2 years ago in the fall. Its a very nice area. Parked on the other side of the road along the chain link fence. Walking in, a person from the house gave me a friendly wave, no problem, no 'no trespassing' or 'posted' signs anywhere. Have no idea why someone earlier in the thread assumed the homeowner was trying to do something illegal, from the signs I thought whomever owned it granted an easement. It has now morphed into assuming the biodiversity group might be doing something underhanded. :worms: If you go, stop at Emery's, they bake great pies ;)

Reactions: manumuskin

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Okay I have off fridays and saturdays right now.Anyone want to go check this place out with me? It's way up there for me but my interest has been piked (pardon the pun TC) :) Snot Rockets aside look like there might be some nice photo ops in there.

I'll go in with you Al. We can talk next Wednesday about when we go in. Before then, I'll be stopping in the Plumsted Township Office. My guess is that they gave Critter bad information because they assumed he was asking about the lot across the street from the Preserve (see post 55 above). But I still don't think it's owned by New Jersey Conservation Foundation (you said "fund", did you mean to say that?). I talked to one of the head stewards at NJCF, and he said no, it's not their property.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
This is what the open space file says. This is the lot next to the road but all the lots south and east of the roadsie lot say the same.The lots west of the road say owner Biodiversity park

Attachments

• Foundation.jpg
    Foundation.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 164

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
This is what the open space file says. This is the lot next to the road but all the lots south and east of the roadsie lot say the same.The lots west of the road say owner Biodiversity park

I sent an email some time ago to the NJCF asking about the preserve, no response yet and it is not on their list of managed properties yet the info on your map says they own and manage it. What open space file are you using?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area

Al, you don't have that on the right lot. See the old bogs just SE. Block 89 lot 7.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
This map shows some detail for each land parcel. The western most parcel is Bio owned and managed, it also has posted signs along Long Swamp Rd. The remaining 3 parcels, including Jumping Brook, are owned and managed by NJCF. The access road/trail, thought to be an easement, is not included. Click on each parcel for details.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I have no problem skirting that easement, I a have a little experience in walking through the woods. But It will be unsatisfactory if I've been lied to by that steward who said they don't own it.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I guess the main question is, who was the ZO referring to when he was basically told no trespassing; the Bio guy or the NJCF guy. Also note in the info window that access is unknown. I wish there was an explanation for all the fields and the abbreviated entries in that info. Those 2 signs may be the markers for access.

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
I don't have anything to contribute to this fascinating thread, except maybe to try to clarify about NJCF (New Jersey Conservation Foundation). As far as I understand it, NJCF is a private not-for-profit organization, which acquires land to preserve it. They do get public funding - NJ DEP Green Acres, for example, as well as private donations. But the land they buy and own is not public property. It is private property, and they get to decide the rules for access. They do in fact open many of their properties to public access, including hunting, but that's their call.

This might result in some confusion when looking at maps. NJCF properties might be shown as "open space", "preserved land", just like state forests. Because they are. But they aren't public property like state forests. You and I can only go there if NJCF permits it.

Reactions: bobpbx and Boyd