helmetta pond

daved

Scout
Jan 9, 2006
burlington county
I was wondering if anyone ever visited helmetta pond. I read in an old post it is a pine barrens island in midlesex county in the town of jamesburg. I am an auto tech at a hyundai dealer and when we are sent to school for training we go to the hyundai regional training center on 535 in jamesburg. So the next time I go to school I want to check it out. If was just wondering if it was worth checking out. Thanks dave.

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
sorry man . . . your post is the first i've heard of it. alot of us are a bit too far south for that i think.

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Badfish740 said:
Check this out...Almost looks like abandoned/overgrown bogs doesn't it?

Jeez, can you imagine what the neighborhood kids have done to the woods? Forts and paths everywhere. Bike ramps and candy wrappers. Sex books and soda bottles. Fire pits and beer cans.

BigRedEye

Scout
Mar 28, 2006
jersey shore
I know that pond, I used to live up there. There are some nice woods near the pond, if I remember correctly they are preserved by the county as open space. I'm not sure if I would call it part of the pine barrens, it's pretty far north. The swampy area does look like a cedar swamp in the pines, though. I went fishing there, there were bluegills and pickerel. I believe those are abandoned cranberry bogs in the aerial pics. If you do go up there watch your speed, speedtraps all over that town.