Heritage Minerals

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
I was on Rte. 70 on Sunday and saw that they ran a water main out of Manchester Blvd. along the south side of 70 to the entrance of Heritage Minerals. It took a right into the entrance and was stubbed out there. Are they gearing up for development?

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
I can see them building houses on the flat lands when you first come in. But what will they do with the actual pits or Crystal Lake. There is a tremendous amount of water out there in swamps and creeks. Are they just developing the land from Route 70 to the Central railroad?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
You have a real mixed bag out there. The land east of the RR, is I think CAFRA, and Pinelands control on the western side. But most of the land is disturbed. From the digging, you have these great hills of sand, and I mean BIG. Now the ponds they developed really don't have a drain, unless it's a slow one underground, that finds it's way to Wrangle Brook. So really, with houses in close proximity, they might have problems with keeping them pristine. Added to that, is they have areas of land that may still be hot from the stuff they were digging. I believe it has some radioactivity, and must be capped and not built upon.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Police are looking for an armed guy thought to be in the Heritage site.