HI, Newbie Here

Hi

I am new here. I am thrilled to have found this forum as I love to explore the Pines. I am from Atlantic County, life long resident. I study, photograph, and propagate native Pinelands plants, anad my lastest hobby is photographing the dragonflies of the Pines. I also love the history and hiking, camping and canoeing in the Pines. I look forward to reading and learning here and sharing as well.

Raven

Reactions: Hinchman's Hill

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice to hear from you Raven! There are all kinds of different hobbies and interests concerning the pines represented here on the site, and maybe you will even find a new one. I know I have found a few over the years. Feel free to join in so we can learn from you.

Guy

Thanks Guys for ther warm welcome. I have been laid up with a torn meniscus since my surgery on Thursday and that's when I found this site. I have been loading up some of the dragonflies I shot this summer as well as bog plants and plants I grow. I have to stay out of the bogs for now till I am healed, sooooo depressing. One thing, I do not know the names of the dragonflies like I do the plants. The plants are my world, while I am somewhat new with the dragonflies. If anyone knows the names of any of them, I would gladly welcome the knowledge.

Raven

CurMUDgeon

Scout
Apr 30, 2010
Where needed.
Raven - Once you get out and about again post op, be sure to check out Batsto Lake for Dragons and Damsels. I have been getting lots of great shots from my kayak there this year.

Thanks guys. Sorry I havn't been around. I developed an infection, not sure if it was from the surgery or not, but almost recovered from that AND I am walking about 2 miles a day now around the neighborhood so once I get the green light I will be back out in the woods. Can't wait!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Sorry to hear that. Keep up the walking and I wish you well. Glad to see you are back posting.

Guy