High Crossing - Hampton Furnace Road is closed

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
New sighs at High Crossing. Similar signs placed where it was posted previously. It is also marked at the HF end, right near the ruins. For those of you who like to paddle the Skit there is no way to get near the Skit Bridge now.

P3250004s.jpg

P3250007s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
So this means to get to Quarter Mile you have to park at the ruins and walk all the way from there. They must also be trying to stop the doughnut maker before the bridge.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I don't see any reason at all. I sure would like to get to the bridge to put in or take out my kayak. The Skit is a very scenic river, it would be a same not to visit it anymore., and lots of people do kayak it. The roads to Q mile are after the bridge.
I actually think the placing of the signs was somewhat arbitrary, or just plain ignorance as to the value of that little river.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I don't see any reason at all. I sure would like to get to the bridge to put in or take out my kayak. The Skit is a very scenic river, it would be a same not to visit it anymore., and lots of people do kayak it. The roads to Q mile are after the bridge.
I actually think the placing of the signs was somewhat arbitrary, or just plain ignorance as to the value of that little river.

Looking at the map, it just seems to me that the bridge would be a logical choke point to close it off and keep the interested parties happy.