High Crossing

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
Saturday, 15 Aug 2015, Ro and I were wandering the Pines and going down Carranza Road saw the new gravel on Tuckerton Road leading to High Crossing. Having never been down that way (value our SUV too much), we drove in. Saw that a LOT of road work had been done, especially at High Crossing. Decided to continue on. Road was good all the way to Washington, and we continued on Iron Pipe Rd to Rte 563 and Maxwell. Road was in excellent shape. Longest "dirt" road we've taken since doing the 600+ miles of the Trans-Labrador.
Also, a repeated thanks to the Good Samaritan in a new Jeep who stopped to see if we were OK as I cleared a branch from under our Escape.

Reactions: PINEY WARDEN

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I went down it when they still were working on one portion and it was nice except at that time it still had quite a few branches in the dirt. I had to keep getting out and removing them from under my car. I have not been down it since.

PINEY WARDEN

Explorer
Jan 13, 2012
I went down it when they still were working on one portion and it was nice except at that time it still had quite a few branches in the dirt. I had to keep getting out and removing them from under my car. I have not been down it since.

I just went down it the other day. Clear sailing all the way.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
That road is in excellent shape. A great big thank you for all the repairs to the Wharton Superintendent and the New Jersey Forest Fire Service. Thank you folks great job.

Yes a Thank You could be in order. But it came at the expense of all the other roads. It's also in their job description. I've never received a thank you for doing road work. Sometimes I didn't even get paid since the budget was tight we didn't even report our true hours. We did it just because we wanted our roads to be drivable. Battling the beavers on Burnt Mill Road was a weekly task. Now that same area is impassable simply because the pipe has been washed out and now its a stream. After years with no maintenance I'm not sure if a pat on the back is warranted. With that said, the FFS did do a good job on Tuckerton Road.