Hiking/Kayaking trip on Mullica&Batona-weekend sept. 19

Piney Boy

Explorer
Sep 19, 2005
Williamstown, NJ
Folks,

I'm involved in a joint hiking/kayaking trip on the Batsto and Batona, respectively. Thought it might be nice to open this to some here if there's an interest. The group thus far includes my hiking pals, and numbers about 5 currently with some more sign ons as the date gets closer. The trip is scheduled for the weekend of Sept. 19th and our group will be staying at Lower Forge. Some will be yaking their way there, and others will be hoofing it down the Batona, Im not sure what Im going to do yet. The trip will be Sat-Sun, drop a line if interested.

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
If my schedule permits it, I'll try and hook up with you guys at Lower Forge. I both kayak and hike, but I avoid the Batona Trail until we get some frost. I would most likely start at Batsto and hike the yellow trail (dirt road) that runs along Batsto lake/river north to the green trail. Then follow the green trail east to Quaker Bridge and take the dirt road just east of Quaker Bridge north to Lower Forge.

Piney Boy

Explorer
Sep 19, 2005
Williamstown, NJ
Super. There'll be a great bunch of people there, some I've hiked all over the place with for years. Always a good time when we get together, and new faces are always welcome.

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
Piney Boy,

I'm going to have to work this weekend to meet a customer's deadline, so I won't be able to join your group at Lower Forge on the 19th. Hope you guys have a blast! Looks like you're going to catch some nice autumn weather.

I hiked through Lower Forge campground about a week ago. The whole area is fairly well covered in weeds. I didn't get any chiggers on me, but it might not be a bad idea to take along a can of permethrin. Have fun.