Hiking socks

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I started wearing Smartwool hiking socks everywhere, all the time about 10 or 12 years ago. Wool is just so much more comfortable for me, warm in the winter and cool in the summer. These are the ones I got last summer, but Smartwool has a lot of variations in styles and weights.

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
For my Pine Barren activities I use by old Wigwam socks. For some reason, I have the tendency of going down over my boots at times. Away from the Pines, I wear Darn Tough socks for hiking and casual wear.

Reactions: bobpbx

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I started wearing Smartwool hiking socks everywhere, all the time about 10 or 12 years ago. Wool is just so much more comfortable for me, warm in the winter and cool in the summer. These are the ones I got last summer, but Smartwool has a lot of variations in styles and weights.

I tried Smartwool and like them. I also tried Fix, not so much.

Reactions: Boyd

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I usually work twelve hour plus days. so sock and boots are very important to me. (My bed is equally important!) I have found Bridgedale, Smartwool and Darntough to be the brands that work best for me. It all depends on what will be the task for the day.

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
I’m also a big fan of Darn Tough wool socks. Over the years they have become the only socks I wear. One pair of Darn Toughs will outlast 10 pairs of cotton socks. They have varying lengths and thickness but I tend to like the crew length.

Darn Tough (Style #1466) Men's Merino Wool Hiker Micro Crew Cushion Socks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AITV95C

Last edited by a moderator:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Here's Rooftree, down above his boots again.

1671372207901.png

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
Here's Rooftree, down above his boots again.
Oh my word, do I look like that.? No wonder I'm always in the Pines so no one will see me.

Bob, I'm glad you came clean. That's the photo I was referring. You must have clearly remember the incidence. I remembeed the smile. Actually, it's a good photo of you. At lease you had a good sturdy tree to help pull you out. It seems it's never the case for me.

Reactions: bobpbx and Boyd