Home Projects

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
This past weekend I chose to just do a different project. My wife thought I was crazy. I had collected a bunch of these insulators when I was a kid. After several attempts I finally got it. With the 100 or so insulators I have in my mom's basement I've actually found the use for one:clint:
IMG_4525.JPG
IMG_4526.JPG

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
That is cool as hell John. I would buy one in a second.

By the way, have you ever seen this guy's collection ? He had around 10,000. I've been by there a few times over the years.
He passed away not too long ago and I don't know it it's all still there.
http://retroroadmap.com/spot/glass-insulator-house-a-new-jersey-road-trip-find/
I've seen that too. I'm not much of a collector of them but I've done some research on the ones I have. Most are worth a dollar a piece at best. When they were redoing the AC line through town in '80's they pulled all the poles down. I found some one that was working on one of the gates and asked if I could have some. After he said yes my brother and I went through the entire length through town and took all the whole ones. They've been sitting in my moms basement for the last 30 years.

Diablo2424

Scout
Sep 1, 2016
Shore
www.instagram.com
Wow that's awesome! I actually just drove passed this house last Sunday while in that area and did a double take! I looked over and said to my wife, "Whoa! what are those? they're awesome!". Thanks for answering our question! Now we're intrigued on where we can get some of these ourselves for projects!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
A few years back we made a trip to Steamtown in Scranton and took the train to Moscow. An amazing number of insulators along the rail line still on the old poles. I may have a picture somewhere.