Hunting Seasons Begin 9-13-08

swwit

Explorer
Apr 14, 2005
As for the need to avoid the woods during hunting season for your safety, I don’t agree with that concept either. If the woods were so dangerous, wouldn’t they be so for hunters as well? How much do any of you look like deer anyway?

The point is that accidents happen and a tan hunting jacket is about the same color as a dear. Yes, everyone should know what they're shooting at but again accidents happen.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Say NO to Sunday Hunting

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/NJ_2008_sunday_hunting2

Disregard the no hunting at all stance on the web site. I only chose that link to fill you in and allow you to say NO!

Here is a quote from Buckmasters Web site. Once they have their foot in the door, you'll never feel good taking your family in the woods again on Sundays;

"Some sportsmen have been reluctant to support the bill due to it not including any provisions allowing the use of firearms. While the USSA would much prefer those provisions be included, sometimes, it is necessary to lay a foundation that can be built on for the future," stated USSA Vice President for Government Affairs, Rob Sexton.

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
Rednekf.Your post was great.till it was turned into another issue.Like to enter my 2 cents.The deer in our State were almost extinct many years ago.Three freight car loads were imported from out of State.Thanks to the Sportsmen,see what we have today.The same goes for Turkey and Bear.When was the last time you heard a Quail call?The N.J.Quail Project is working on this problem now.
The Hunting and Fishing License does not go into the General fund.Money is scarce in the Division and with Corzine's hiring freeze,a lot of programs have been cut.
The proposed Archery Bill is just that,for Bow Hunters only.In addition if passed you will only be able to hunt on WMA and private land only.No Parks and Forests.