hyena in chatsworth

capttom

Scout
Feb 23, 2004
ok..i know it sounds crazy...i stopped in the woodshed in chatsworth tonight for a bite to eat on my way home...i heard a friend of mine talking about this...so being that it is the craziest thing i ever heard i had to ask him to repeat the story to me...he personally saw it yesterday on savoy blvd in chatsworth...someone who i know was telling him about it on sunday...he figured the guy was pullin his leg...untill he saw it...i know this sounds crazy but the person i was talking tonight who personally saw it is a police officer in burlington and lives in chatsworth...i even called him on the phone right before typing this..he verified the sighting again....he said the aspca or animal control..i forget which has been patrolling the area looking for it.... he did say it was nasty lookin....

B

bach2yoga

huh! are they sure it is hyena? someone had a strange pet and let it go, or escaped from a zoo or something?
how do you tell a hyena from other dog species at a distance, especially if hyenas aren't exactly our native fauna? maybe it was a big mangy coyote or wild dog or something?
let us know if you hear anything else...be interesting to find out what it really is!
Renee

capttom

Scout
Feb 23, 2004
well i see i mispelled it!!lol...but anyway they think it escaped from somewhere...im stopping in there tonight to get any updates...the guy who i spoke too last night got pretty close to it...he said hes keeping a camera in his car from now on...ill keep ya posted....

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They probably destroyed it's home when they removed Pioneer Smelting. That place had wild dogs living there years ago.

Guy