I Have An Idea For An Inventor

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
I have had Lyme disease. It was awful and I fear ticks more than gunfire in my direction. Deet is pretty much worthless to repel ticks. Permethrin works pretty well, but it's not 100% effective and the odor of it coming off my clothes sometimes gives me a headache.

This got me to thinking. What if somebody could invent a clothing material that ticks can't attach themselves to, or a clothing material that once a tick attaches itself to makes it impossible for the tick to move?

I was thinking of lining my clothes with fly paper, but then I realized I probably wouldn't be able to get out of my truck. lol Plus I seem to remember an episode of the Three Stooges where Moe got a piece of fly paper stuck to him and he got really annoyed.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
I saw a clothing line yesterday while online (can't remember what site I was on) that the material was treated with what I didn't notice but I would bet it was permethrin. The clothes are said to repell ticks, chiggers, fleas and mosquito and be effective up to 70 wash cycles. In the warmer months I never go into the pines with clothes that are not treated permethrin. I treat my clothes the night before going out. I have not had an issue with an odor or at least the odor has not bothered me.

Chris

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
NASA has been seriously downsized, maybe I can buy a cold war, military surplus space suit? I would imagine those things are already temperature controlled and outfitted for audio? lol :)