i need help with snakes

snakesoldiers22

Oct 8, 2005
hey my name's Herb im 17 and me and my friend allen are trying to be herpetologists, its almost that time when you cant catch snakes anymore, and ive been dying to catch a pine snake, not to keep but just to be able to say ive caught one, and kingsnakes, milksnakes too, i live in millville new jersey and ive heard that the pine barrens are the place to be for snakes, somebody please help me with names of places to find these snakes, directions, anythings id be very appreciative

ive been catching snakes since i was little and my dads been doin it forever, so i give my solem promise to release all the pine snakes or any rare snakes i find, corn snakes etc,

also, i was wondering, is there anywhere i can get a permit for breeding and releasing the young back into the wild, any programs me and my dad can be a part of, we want to help contribute, particularly pine snakes and corn snakes because there my favorite snakes ANYWHERE, and i dont want to see them go.

THANKS

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
is there anywhere i can get a permit for breeding and releasing the young back into the wild, any programs me and my dad can be a part of, we want to help contribute, particularly pine snakes and corn snakes because there my favorite snakes ANYWHERE, and i dont want to see them go.

Because capture and removal of the snakes you mention from the natural environment is illegal, those wishing to become active in breeding and release should consider buying captive-bred breeding stock from a supplier who can document that his or her stock originated in the area you wish to re-stock. (check the website of snake breeders) Then breed 'em and release the young. Before getting involved in this, however, be sure to check with the Parks and Wildlife officials for their input. The state may require that the captive-bred snakes be turned over to them for marking and release - and if they don't, they should.

Dave

snakesoldiers22

Oct 8, 2005
thanks

i think im definitaly gonna try that next spring, that way theres a huge population of em, so there always seenthanks