i need help with the martha area

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes, that is the place. I seem to remember an old sign in a tree nearby that even mentions the club. I may be wrong on that.

That field is in the back of this photo showing us eating there.

IMG_0469.JPG

Guy

MartGBC

Scout
Sep 10, 2008
Glendora
Yea that is the place. As I said my uncle died back 1983. I was only there a few times when I was younger. It was vandalized and burned down in the 80's. They wanted to put a gate up to keep people out but the state would not let them. They used to bowhunt and shotgun hunt there. I will see if I could provide more information if I can contact my cousin. I have not seen him in years so it may difficult.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yea that is the place. As I said my uncle died back 1983. I was only there a few times when I was younger. It was vandalized and burned down in the 80's. They wanted to put a gate up to keep people out but the state would not let them. They used to bowhunt and shotgun hunt there. I will see if I could provide more information if I can contact my cousin. I have not seen him in years so it may difficult.

I have written the person who provided me the info on the two other clubs nearby that I had the old photo of. He should be able to provide me with something. If I learn anything i will pass it on. Today Al and I visited an incised stone he helped us with.

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG

Guy

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
I have written the person who provided me the info on the two other clubs nearby that I had the old photo of. He should be able to provide me with something. If I learn anything i will pass it on. Today Al and I visited an incised stone he helped us with.

Guy

wow how do you find such a small thing in such big woods ? haha

Pandot

Scout
Sep 30, 2008
Sweetwater
Wondered about those ruins myself after coming across it this past summer and couldn't find any photos of it. It looked like an old house in the woods.
Thought that field behind it had a very ethereal feel to it. The prairie grass almost had a pinkish tint to it.
Kinda funny that you all know how to get there and I only found it because I got so lost that day. Plan to get back out there and take the wrong turn to Martha that led me there in the first place. at one of the intersections in the woods was a really neat marker. I shouldn't wait much longer because now I realize I can barely remember what was on it and why I thought it was so nice in the first place.

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
Wondered about those ruins myself after coming across it this past summer and couldn't find any photos of it. It looked like an old house in the woods.
Thought that field behind it had a very ethereal feel to it. The prairie grass almost had a pinkish tint to it.
Kinda funny that you all know how to get there and I only found it because I got so lost that day. Plan to get back out there and take the wrong turn to Martha that led me there in the first place. at one of the intersections in the woods was a really neat marker. I shouldn't wait much longer because now I realize I can barely remember what was on it and why I thought it was so nice in the first place.

hahah thats funny , thats exactly how i found it , by accident , taking a wrong turn to martha , atleast im not the only one haha

RancocasRover

May 14, 2011
Mount Holly
I stumbled on this ruin today also and came here trying to figure out what it was. I was hiking Batona from Rt 679 towards Stage Rd. After crossing the washed out Ives Branch dam found another ruin on the Southeast of the dam right off the road. Some old foundation and what looks like a well or privy (cinder blocks stacked in a cylinder at least four blocks into the ground) and broken terracotta roof tiles that look much newer marked "LUDOWICI CELADON CO. CHICAGO IMPERIAL TILE" Ludowici is still around and was Lucowici-Celadon as of 1906 according to company website. http://www.ludowici.com/history
This is the place
http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.6547214331537&lng=-74.46652293205261&z=17&type=k&gpx=

Is this another gun club? I have pics on my iPhone I'll post once I upload them.

RancocasRover

May 14, 2011
Mount Holly
Teegate, what you are referring to as Highland Park is the first ruin I found but then south east across the Ives Branch dam from that site is the foundation with the well. Never posted pics here before so lets see how I do...the first pic shows the washed out dam, image 2,3,4 are of the site with the "well" and roof tiles. The last six images are of what you and earlier posts called the Highland Park which is by the large field mentioned in above posts which I somehow missed:
http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/t...otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

RancocasRover

May 14, 2011
Mount Holly
Yes that is the same well. Although it has deteriorated a bit since your photo. Those two blocks remain in the top row are toppled now. Despite following snapfish directions for sharing a link to an album on a forum I don't think you can view it can you? When I test clicked on it was asking me to login to shapfish.

RancocasRover

May 14, 2011
Mount Holly
I'll use NJPB gallery but clearly stuff you've already seen. And actually the well hasn't deteriorated my shot was from a different angle. One other thing I forgot to mention was that there are three large concrete pipes on the NW side of the washout not sure how long they've been there but someone was/is planning on making the road passable

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You should try not to use the Gallery. Ben may eliminate it sometime in the future because of incompatibilities with the forum software or something like that. He is urging members to use sites such as you have.

Guy