I still am shaking my head at what i saw today!

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
print 1.jpgprint2.jpg

As I stated not best of quality but I'd have to say they look pretty damn close, if i had to guess. figer my pointer finger is just a tad short of 4" long from center of my knuckle to the end of my fingernail. If I had to take a guess the print is about 4". If you go to the location I marked on the map, you should stil be able to see the tracks

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Would you know if they opened 532 by the lake yet? In soft sand the track will be larger than actual, but it's worth a look for sure. If I were to bet money, I'd say Bobcat.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
either way still cool. I do not know if it's open. I came in quaker bridge went past apple pie, down to the gun club and hung left theres a fewsets of prints out there. oh and it followed the road for a little while. third and final picture

JerseyJK07

Scout
Jan 10, 2010
View attachment 2046View attachment 2045

As I stated not best of quality but I'd have to say they look pretty damn close, if i had to guess. figer my pointer finger is just a tad short of 4" long from center of my knuckle to the end of my fingernail. If I had to take a guess the print is about 4". If you go to the location I marked on the map, you should stil be able to see the tracks

Good pictures Dave, I would have to say the one on the left is a bobcat for sure. the one on the right, since there is nothing inthe picture to compare it too i would say ither a bobcat or wild dog. Reason being is that it is very semetrical and appears to have nail tips in the ends. Cats tend to keep them retracted when just roaming. Dogs dont have quiet as much control and tent to leave nails marks often.

russ

Aug 23, 2010
I have seen tracks on three occasions that matched cougar. And have personally heard first-person eye-witness accounts from four reliable individuals. I think it far more likely that we have a few cougars out there than that we have all these people with similar hallucinations. I was extremely skeptical when I first starting looking into this, but now I think it will only be a matter of time before somebody turns up some material evidence. Not that tracks don't count as material evidence, but people tend to treat tracks as ambiguous evidence, even when it isn't, so we will need a kill site (partially consumed deer), scat, hair or something.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
A post from another topic on 11/24/09

A friend cuts cedar trees in the swamps (legally) & has seen half eaten small deer up in the crotch of trees. Must be some kind of cat.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I was out at a job site with my dad this morningout off of 563. On my way home around 9:30am, i decided to take Speedwell rd over to Caranza to cut off a few miles and for a nice little ride. Well about 5 min after turning onto Caranza i had a nice doe coem rippping across infront of me. no big deal right we all see deer. Well right behind it in fast persuit was 2 large COUGARS!!!!!!! One stopped in the road about 40ft in front of the jeep for a split second then took off again chasing the deer! This all happened between Speedwell Rd and Caranza Memorial. So as far as the state saying they are not here.....:thefinger: I saw them. THEY ARE HERE!!!!

And no i did not take pictures becouse i did not have my camera and all this happened in less then 10 seconds!

I seen a cougar while canoeing the Mullica back in 78.about a mile below the r.r.trestle.
Al

lakesgirl

Explorer
Jan 3, 2010
collings lakes
can't remeber which road we were on, but somewhere in the vicinity of APH. We were taking in the sights and spotted a very large hole, big enough for me to crawl into, in the side of a high spot on the edge of the woods. In front of the hole was a pile of deer bones. We thought about investigating but better judgement took hold. This was shortly after our cougar spotting. But my guess, this a coyote den?

JerseyJK07

Scout
Jan 10, 2010

wolfspider05

Explorer
Nov 12, 2004
Riverside Nj
Haven't seen one yet, but I am sure they are out there. Some endangered species look like they are making a comeback. In early July I was driving down 679, on the shoulder there was a juvenile rattler sunning himself. Got my pictures and made sure he got back into the woods before I left. Back in 05 I was driving down great bay blvd at night in the winter, I seen two coyote puppies playing right in the middle of the road, the mother was with them. I was not drinking or on any drugs.

That had to be awesome seeing that, I know there are enough deer out there to support them.

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
What I saw in Jackson 10 years ago was small, like a bobcat or Lynx. I would imagine the existence of these smaller cats to be likely down here. Was the cat you saw small like a bobcat?

JerseyJK07

Scout
Jan 10, 2010
What I saw in Jackson 10 years ago was small, like a bobcat or Lynx. I would imagine the existence of these smaller cats to be likely down here. Was the cat you saw small like a bobcat?

Not even close. I've seen bobcats in nj, pa, ny and maine over the years. This was no bobcat. More like a 100 to 125lbs cougar looked exactly like what is in the picture above. No mistake.