Indian Chief Tavern

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
I was headed east on 70 today. As I passed the "Chief" I noticed an excavator with a demolition claw. I doubled back around and took a walk around the building. Out back, there's a 12' wide opening in the exterior wall. It seems the time has come for another PB watering hole.:(

• Sad
Reactions: M1 Abrams

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If you remember in the newspaper article when it was sold that the previous owner was happy that the grocery store owner next door had purchased it and would be using it for his business. That never happened. However, maybe it is.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
There was a dozen or more cars parked on the right side of the building (closest to the Shop Rite). Shop Rite employee parking?
Sadly, the building is in decay. I'm grateful that my last memory in the place was seeing my friends band, Atlantic Train Company (ATCO)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I searched out the deed and it appears the grocery store owner still owns the property. There is a lease sign out front so I would think he is building a structure for anyone to lease. If someone had already leased it I would think the lease sign would be gone.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was thinking that maybe there will be two or more businesses there so maybe they would still have the lease sign in front.