Industrious, busy people

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
Nay, I do not jest. Never understimate the will of an author to write a factual Wikipedia article that withstands the scrutiny of their peers. Nobody wants to look like a fool, and most of the technical articles written on Wiki are written collaboratively by everyone from college professors to industry engineers.

Your post totally ignores the wealth of articles I pointed out in the footnotes. If you don't beleive the main article, you can find more meat at the bottom.

Being a college student, the first thing our professors will tell us is to never use wikipedia as a source, which I believe is wrong. I've used it many times, for exactly what bobpbx suggests, the wealth of articles in the footnotes. The main article is used to get a general idea of the topic. The footnotes are the real sources of reliable information.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I use Wikipedia as my first choice. I do read with caution but what they do really well is get right to the point. I waste so much time trying to find a simple answer to a simple question at other "authoritative" sites.

Reactions: jburd641