information about Pricketts Mill

Oriental

Explorer
Apr 21, 2005
Which Prickett's Mill? There was a Prickett's Mill that was built by the Haines family that later became the site of Chairville. There was also a Prickett's Mill along Kettle Run in the southern part of Medford Township. Some think that Prickett's mill was the same as Haines' Little Mill which is the location of the Little Mill Country Club today. I am convinced that "Prickett's Old Sawmill" was the one that would later become known as Braddock's Mill. I believe there is also some evidence to suggest that the Prickett family had other sawmills further to the south and outside of Burlington County.

ARMSTRONG

Mar 22, 2015
Tabernacle, NJ
Which Prinnckett's Mill? There was a Prickett's Mill that was built by the Haines family that later became the site of Chairville. There was also a Prickett's Mill along Kettle Run in the southern part of Medford Township. Some think that Prickett's mill was the same as Haines' Little Mill which is the location of the Little Mill Country Club today. I am convinced that "Prickett's Old Sawmill" was the one that would later become known as Braddock's Mill. I believe there is also some evidence to suggest that the Prickett family had other sawmills further to the south and outside of Burlington County.
Funny. Did not know of these others. I was under the impression there we one on corner of Pricketts Mill Rd and Medford lakes Tabernacle Rd. Chairville was connected by Pricketts Mill Rd. At that time the road was connected. Over the years it broke up into pieces. I remember reading that it was right down the road from Aetna. Also some mention from Atsion logs about sending wagon there. I may have gotten mixed up