Insects Published 1 day ago Insects invading Virginia and Pennsylvania could be 'most destructive sp

Discussion in 'Nature and the Environment' started by manumuskin, Oct 21, 2018.

1. 46er

46er Piney

Yep, posted the same link. Just across the Delaware from Burlington; pretty looking bug though :D

From the link;

2. manumuskin

manumuskin Piney

WEll I would delete the thread but this laptop will not let me do it.Every time I try delete it freezes up.If I can get back on the tower I can delete it from there but it's about shot.takes over and hour to warm up if it ever does.might be the monitor.Gonna get it checked one last time and if that don't work it's retired.The tower is 14 years old and so is the monitor.It's served it's purpose I guess but we love it

3. 46er

46er Piney

Don't delete it, the other one is buried.

My Dell tower was built on 12/30/2013. I kept the older one to use for photo/video stuff. You could be loading a lot of stuff at start up, or some registry items may be bad. You could also just not shutdown and hibernate or sleep it. Either uses very little juice and it will start right up.

4. Toothy Critter

Toothy Critter Explorer

I'm going to a free computer class for seniors. I told the instructor that my tower was like 8 or 9 years old. He said by todays standards it is not old...it is ancient. Told me to use it as a boat anchor. Towers are so cheap nowadays

manumuskin likes this.
  5. NJChileHead

NJChileHead Explorer

Spotted lanternfly was just found in Mercer County too. A colleague of mine found one in his backyard in Bucks County, PA. Supposedly one of their favorite host plants is Ailanthus (Tree of Heaven), also an invasive.