Insects Published 1 day ago Insects invading Virginia and Pennsylvania could be 'most destructive sp

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Yep, posted the same link. Just across the Delaware from Burlington; pretty looking bug though :D

From the link;

Spotted lanternflies may lay their eggs on Christmas trees which could then hatch inside homes, the Philly Voice reported.

Freshly laid eggs “have a grey mud-like covering which can take on a dry cracked appearance over time,” the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture said, encouraging anyone who sees the masses to scrape it off.

Any sightings of spotted lanternfly eggs, which can be killed with alcohol or hand sanitizer, should be reported to state wildlife officials.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
WEll I would delete the thread but this laptop will not let me do it.Every time I try delete it freezes up.If I can get back on the tower I can delete it from there but it's about shot.takes over and hour to warm up if it ever does.might be the monitor.Gonna get it checked one last time and if that don't work it's retired.The tower is 14 years old and so is the monitor.It's served it's purpose I guess but we love it

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Don't delete it, the other one is buried.

My Dell tower was built on 12/30/2013. I kept the older one to use for photo/video stuff. You could be loading a lot of stuff at start up, or some registry items may be bad. You could also just not shutdown and hibernate or sleep it. Either uses very little juice and it will start right up.

T

Toothy Critter

WEll I would delete the thread but this laptop will not let me do it.Every time I try delete it freezes up.If I can get back on the tower I can delete it from there but it's about shot.takes over and hour to warm up if it ever does.might be the monitor.Gonna get it checked one last time and if that don't work it's retired.The tower is 14 years old and so is the monitor.It's served it's purpose I guess but we love it

I'm going to a free computer class for seniors. I told the instructor that my tower was like 8 or 9 years old. He said by todays standards it is not old...it is ancient. Told me to use it as a boat anchor. Towers are so cheap nowadays

Reactions: manumuskin

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
Spotted lanternfly was just found in Mercer County too. A colleague of mine found one in his backyard in Bucks County, PA. Supposedly one of their favorite host plants is Ailanthus (Tree of Heaven), also an invasive.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There is an app for your iPhone called "squishr" that you can use to track the locations they have been found at as well as track your own finds. I don't see any in the core pine barrens.