Interactive Pinelands Map

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Question, is there a way to see the zoning for a particular area in the pinelands. For instance I would like to see if my house falls in the preservation area or agricultural. Recently the land adjacent to me was cleared for agriculture use and I'm wondering if its legal. Thanks

Last edited:

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
On my townships website we have a link to a GIS map with a pinelands management areas layer. Check to see if your township has the same.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
That helped Oji thanks. Unfortunately the neighbor is residential, 10 acres of nice woods cleared is allowed.:(
I could be wrong but if he is clearing it for agricultural use only I don't think he needs approvals unless it envolved wetlands. :( Hopefully it wasn't done for tax purposes only.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
In my opinion it was. I just wish i knew it was happening when the weather was warm so i couldmove box turtles off hjs property onto mine. Fortunately there is still a nice strip that conncects to wharton near medford/shamong border. I bought my house with the idea of having woods around, its disappearing now.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
That's the problem around the country new jersey especially. We keep clearing and building. Sooner or later they are going to run out of land to build stuff on. I hope I win PowerBall cause I would start buying up land and managing it for proper habitat. I would especially buy anything I could get my hands on around the pines

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
In my opinion it was. I just wish i knew it was happening when the weather was warm so i couldmove box turtles off hjs property onto mine. Fortunately there is still a nice strip that conncects to wharton near medford/shamong border. I bought my house with the idea of having woods around, its disappearing now.

I saw the cut into the woods and thought they were building a new development. I am assuming I have the proper location and they cut it right to the main road???

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Yup Guy that is the right one. Guy in the house to right that owns horses bought it for horse pastures. I suppose its better then houses. Just wish some woods was left in tact.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yup Guy that is the right one. Guy in the house to right that owns horses bought it for horse pastures. I suppose its better then houses. Just wish some woods was left in tact.

I guess you should take what you can get.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Yes Chris.Guy,Bob and I were exploring Bear swamp and Sophie was with us.It was early spring and maybe in the high 40's.She ran over between me and Bob (we were about 5 ft apart) and she started digging in the mud and flipped a boxer out of the mud at our feet.Every time I take her out in the warmer months she finds at least three or four.She will carry one till she finds another and then drop the one and pick the next one up.She will acrry them to the truck and home to Mommy if you let her.I have to give her a treat to make her drop them so i can hold them till she gets side tracked and then I can put them down and walk quickly away or she will pick it back up. I used to let her carry them thinking she could not possibly hurt one but if you stay still as in hnuting a spot for a stone she will lay down and start gnawing on it and she broke the end of ones shell off once and exposed a little meat.Needless to say this upset me and now when she brings them to me I immediately make her fork it up.If you ever want to do a turtle census let me know,she's your dog for that.So far it's only boxers.She hasn't run into a landed snapper yet. I hope I"m close enough to stop that confrontation before it gets out of hand.Sophie may be the one getting "caught" in that deal.

Reactions: bobpbx