Is anyone familiar with this area (coordinates enclosed)

Windsor

Scout
Aug 11, 2005
Somerdale
I was just exploring Google Earth and found this open area that I'd like to check out. It looks very sandy and like it's by some bogs and I was wondering if it's legal to explore there or what the area is like exactly. If you plug in these coordinates, you should be able to see what I'm talking about.

N39 42'17.34 W74 42'43.00

Thanks!

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I am guessing by what you posted, which I find around sleeper
branch, you are very close to Rockwood. (Southwest) There was some posting on it before. Kind of cool back there, not a lot left though. You can get to that off 206 South. Most of those bogs are o.k. to check out I have found if you don't act stupid while out there & ask if you run into someone. Kinda neat if you check out their design. One very large set is also accessible right off 206. ( There is a very cool old bog tractor parked out there )
I always see & talk to people fishing some of the reservoirs.
If you mean by large sandy patch that section on both sides of 206.......
It's Blueberry fields.
** actually I'm looking at the fields, if you mean the large patch East of the bogs,I've been back there & It's cool to knock around. I can't imagine any one would bother you.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
It isn't sand, it is a grassed wetland, commonly called a savannah.
It appears brown because generally aerials are taken in winter when vegetation is down.
That area is State owned. The private property ends at the last active bog as you come in from 206.
I have hunted woodies in there and it is extremely wet. Hip waders required, unless you want to cool off and slog through it in the summer.
Too many insect critters in there in the the summer for my tastes.
Scott

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
RednekF350 said:
It isn't sand, it is a grassed wetland, commonly called a savannah.

That must be a little North of where I was which was out past Rockwood.
There were sandy areas everywhere. I never wound up in the slop you're speaking about. It's been awhile.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Rednek is correct. That is a savanah and you better bring hip waders or at least knee waders. It is state owned as he mentioned.

Guy