It’s back: Khov @ Heritage Minerals

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
My wish is that someone would buy the Heritage Minerals property, preserve the areas where the most sensitive and endangered species exist, and turn the rest of it into an ATV park. I think it would be a win-win for everyone (well, except Hovnanian).

joc

Explorer
May 27, 2010
Wall, NJ
Still not understanding how they can consider to build on a Nuclear Regulatory Clean -up site . Even if remediated , how can that be safe ?? Only 2 main roads in the area , 70 and 539 ...can't imagine the traffic .Would be as bad as No Jersey , possibly worse .

Reactions: NJChileHead

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
I agree about the traffic Joe. We have enough people, houses and development in New Jersey.I don't say that from an misanthropic perspective, but I'm trying to be realistic about how much we honestly have in terms of resources, especially clean water.

There are hundreds of empty houses in Ocean County, why build thousands more? According to 2016 stats, New Jersey had over 35,000 homes across the state without residents: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/20...vacant_homes_there_are_in_each_nj_county.html

Also, how many conversations are being had about the Kirkwood Cohansey aquifer? How will this mini-city in the middle of Manchester affect it? People are pushing back against tax burdens and population swelling, I think that more difficult questions should be asked about water.

Last edited: