January Storms

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
A notable stream and an abandoned farmhouse on the way into the forest.
2022-01-07_snow_cedar_bend.jpg

2022-01-29_blizzard_farmhouse.jpg

2022-01-07_snow_cedar.jpg

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
John, fantastic and breathtaking as usual. I know that farmhouse and it is one of my favorite "drive bys" have been doing it for quite some time. The others are just stunning as always! keep up the great work!
Thanks Joe. FYI, according to someone on a Facebook photography page, the farmhouse is Abrams Farm.

Reactions: manumuskin

M1 Abrams

Explorer
May 4, 2023
Burlington County
My apologies for jumping into another old thread, but I can't imagine anyone minding the chance to look at Jon's superb photos again.

The owners of the house were my aunt and uncle, Dorothy and Elmer Abrams. Eventually, they built a new house across the street. For a while, the old house was rented, but then it began the decline to its present state. I believe that some years ago, the property was sold.

For those outside of the Shamong/Tabernacle vicinity who might wonder why there are so many Abramses in the area (and why Facebook's generic "Abrams Farm" brought a wry smile to me), my Grandmom and Grandpop Abrams were the parents of fourteen children, including twelve boys. My Grandpop Abrams had other siblings, so that also adds to the total.

Beyond the trees in the background, BTW, is another Abrams farm. As for the man who lives there, it's always been hard for me to deal with him. For one thing, it's rough seeing that reflection in the bathroom mirror every morning! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpbx and Boyd