Jeepaholic's

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
width="600" height="370" alt="GLADIATOR LAUNCH EDITION. Pre-order is almost here" border="0" class="fluid"/>

Get excited. An exclusive invitation unlike any other in Jeep® Brand history awaits you. And because you’ve shown interest ahead of time, we’re rewarding you with a 24-hour head start to get the All-New Gladiator Launch Edition. That means you’ll have a rare opportunity to pre-order this legendary truck on April 3, one full day before the general public. But hurry. The entire pre-order window for everyone ends April 4.

Your order can be started online and you will be assisted by a Gladiator to guide you along the way. Additionally, those who pre-order a Gladiator Launch Edition, will get an opportunity to enter the Jeep® Find Your Freedom contest1.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
What a steal at $62,000.00 +/- :eek:

Looks like the reintroduced Ford Ranger has come back with only a $30,000+/- starting point for a stripped 4 WD version.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I don't understand the popularity of the Wrangler's. My son owned a 4 door thinking the longer wheelbase might help it. It did not and he had to get rid of it.

The Ranger looks nice. Word is there will be a V8 Raptor version, like the one they have in Aussie land. But it won't be $30K :D

Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Arctic-White-1-850x445.jpg

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
I don't understand jeeps as an everyday vehicle. Typical Chrysler reliability (lack thereof, i mean) aside, they are just impractical and get similar fuel economy to a full-size pickup. I own a newer Tacoma and although it lacks power and won't win any awards for cool interior design or anything like that, they are still ruggedly built, and if you buy a low-trim one, can be had for well under 30k. I was sold when I read a critical review that said something like "Toyota needs to get with the times-- this truck drives like a 1940s tractor." As an auto mechanic, that's what I'm looking for.

Nothing will ever beat my 95 ranger for ripping down the narrow dirt roads though-- and nobody makes anything similar today because the trend is for everything to be gigantic. I miss that truck and wish I never sold it.

Reactions: bobpbx

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I was looking at the old broncos at the Mecam auction. The restored ones look sweet. My son had one. They wrapped around you like a glove.