Jersey Devil Encounters?

hostler

Oct 5, 2009
A friend cuts cedar trees in the swamps (legally) & has seen half eaten small deer up in the crotch of trees. Must be some kind of cat. jerry

nckgruff

Sep 12, 2010
Southern NJ
I've spent a lot of time in the pines throughout my life and have had many strange occurences while in them, in fact my daughter and I had a strange encounter yesterday out there on Penn Swamp Rd. We were quite a ways into the pines on a tight trail in the car and hadn't seen any wildlife in a little while and out of nowhere there was a shaggy wet looking black dog with green eyes standing about 6 feet into the treeline. It simply stood there looking at the ground and then raised it's head to look at us as we drove past. It never left it's position nor moved in a startled way of any kind when we drove past. Very strange encounter. Sorry no pictures, I did not stop the car, instead I picked up speed and got the heck out of there.

noboat

Explorer
Feb 1, 2010
Waterford Works
I've spent a lot of time in the pines throughout my life and have had many strange occurences while in them, in fact my daughter and I had a strange encounter yesterday out there on Penn Swamp Rd. We were quite a ways into the pines on a tight trail in the car and hadn't seen any wildlife in a little while and out of nowhere there was a shaggy wet looking black dog with green eyes standing about 6 feet into the treeline. It simply stood there looking at the ground and then raised it's head to look at us as we drove past. It never left it's position nor moved in a startled way of any kind when we drove past. Very strange encounter. Sorry no pictures, I did not stop the car, instead I picked up speed and got the heck out of there.
That was just GUY looking for a stone:)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That was just GUY looking for a stone:)

May have been me. I get so wrapped up in what I do I have been known to ignore people that are around me. Then again, I have been keeping my hair shorter since it leans much more towards grey these days. Much more towards grey!!!

Guy