Just received some old pics of Atco Raceway.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Amazing, thank you.
Looks like something out of time & place in a Sepia past.
Look at it today and wonder. What happened?
No contest, that look of a simple 2 lane strip in the middle of so many untouched pines captivates. Good stuff, and vehicles that truly made the grade.

g.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Wow that is somewhat depressing.......looks like some real nice woods in the background......I don't know that area well but is the surrounding woods still as piney as that pic implies.......or have the hardwood trees started to take over.....

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
This past weekend, I was looking at some old photos from Atco (1974). My brother's Challenger, his friend's Corvette, a Mach 1 were all pictured. Neat stuff. I'll have to scan them.

Trailhead00

Explorer
Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
well they expanded the track i imagine but the woods around the property its still there and is still woodsy

We have plenty of trees left! We really haven't expanded too much since the track was built in 1960.

Check out this overhead shot:

track03.jpg

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
We rode through that area long before they even thought of building a race-way on our motorcycles.That was in the late 40's.In those days if you broke down at nite on Jackson road,you better walk out.Tha most traffic on Jackson Road was during 6 day deer season.

wolfspider05

Explorer
Nov 12, 2004
Riverside Nj
I miss Atco, I haven't been there in awhile. I'm a huge car guy, I just don't always get out there as much as i'd like to. These old pics are really cool, wayyyy before I was even a thought! lol