Kayaking the Upper Great Egg Harbor River

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Nice report. i was waiting to see how it went. When you didn't post last night I wondering if we should organize a search:rofl:. Glad you had an adventure.

Jeff

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
GEHR trip

Haha, some funny responses. Friends held up well, they're big kayak fans and had a great time. If anything, I think they fared better than I did. As for finding anything, nothing really out of the ordinary. There was a flipped over canoe about a mile down the river, but it looked like it was placed there. I did kind of glance around for a body though. lol. Saw tons of waterfoul, a lot of turtles, two snakes up close, and came around one bend face to face with a deer only about 10 feet away, no joke. It just froze and stared at me until the end of my paddle hit the water and the deer literally exploded into the woods right through the briars. Then we had one more jump into the edge of the river and swim across a shallow section, that one made a lot of noise and commotion. Checked out the Blue Hole in the WWMA. I had been to it a couple of times, by my friends had not. Water was really warm in there for so many saying how cold it always is. Other than that, there wasn't really a whole lot that was out of the ordinary. And I was pretty tired after Sunday, but I'm glad you thought about the search party, haha. It would take a lot of work, but with a small chainsaw and a lot of determination, but that would make it sooooo much easier. But then I guess it wouldn't have been as much of an adventure.

Kevin