Keep an eye out for this barrens trasher

cranbrake

Scout
Jun 3, 2009
Wanted to post this before I forgot, this was a serious concern of mine this past summer re: habitat destruction in the barrens, wanton and unjustifiable.

I happened upon the suspect as she was heading out of the forest on a sand road navigable only with a 4-wheel drive vehicle. A very large, hi-raised burgundy Ford pickup- it was a diesel I think the ‘king ranch’ perhaps F-250 or F-350 model- huge, on huge tires with distinct tread pattern identical or very similar to the ones pictured below. I pulled up next to her as I was heading into the forest, to my surprise it was a fairly cute young blonde girl, I think she said she was like 20,21 years old. Light blue eyes, light blonde long hair- not what I was expecting driving such a beast of a vehicle. Anyway, she acted all shy and inncocent, said they were 'just going for a ride' so I left her on her way and what I saw afterwards was very disturbing- clearly fresh tracks from her distinct tires were running all over a sensitive area known for presence of a few unique state protected species of flora and fauna of the NJPB's. She had just been absolutely GOING OFF in there, doing donuts, just trashing the place with her truck.

I regretted not getting her license plate number but from what I remember it was New Jersey tags. And she had another young brunette female riding shotgun with her- about equally attractive! This spot is really remote/hard to get to in a vehicle unless one is just really really determined to do so. I don’t take my vehicle all the way in, never have.

About a month or two later, within 5 miles from the first site, I saw the very same tire tracks running all down into and through a well-known antique historic foundation (also used by protected flora and fauna) that has been newly trashed by some assholes in vehicles-walls getting caved in,etc.... Since then I have been in touch with the authorities and forest superintendants for that state forest its in and they are working on a project to prevent this very thing from happening in the future. I am not a NJ native but know bullshit when I see it being done to unique and historically rich sites. Again, this is a also site where protected fauna and flora persist and I would never let some ignorant redneck trash it without consequence- not in the barrens!
But anyway to bring it back to the point, this same young girl was evidently one of the culprits judging from the unique tire treads and the size of the truck they obviously were mounted on.
So to recap, anyone keep an eye out for this monster truck- burgundy large Ford diesel pickup, a king ranch model I believe, with large tires with treads very similar to the one pictured below on the right. The truck itself looks very much like the picture on the left below..The superintendant of Wharton state forest is aware of her, as is the head biologist for the state of NJ for destruction of state property and sensitive habitat. Just a heads up. Just make note of her tag number if you see her and if you cant reach the forest superintendant contact me I'll get you his number.

2004_ford_f_350_xl_burgundy_in_corona_california_99409257361046413.jpg
wheel-and-off-road-tires-package-242x300.jpg

View attachment 4410 View attachment 4411

Attachments

• wheel-and-off-road-tires-package-242x300.jpg
    wheel-and-off-road-tires-package-242x300.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 616
  • 2004_ford_f_350_xl_burgundy_in_corona_california_99409257361046413.jpg
    2004_ford_f_350_xl_burgundy_in_corona_california_99409257361046413.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 312

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I will keep my eye out.

Remember folks, anyone can call 1-877-WARNDEP. Make sure you explain the situation clearly.