Knee-high Hudsonia? Impossible, right?

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
This fall I took a lot of pictures of Pine Barren Heather, Hudsonia ericoides. The last place I saw it was on the road that runs past the Batsto Lake and dumps onto the Quaker Bridge Road, just east of the the bridge. Along that road I found some Pine Barren Heather that was knee-high and I took pics of it. I was dumbfounded because all books I've read say it grows to be not more than 3" to 8" high. Yet what I found was knee-high, or taller. That's very confusing. My pictures of it are not closeups, so it wouldn't help for you to see the pictures, but I know pretty much where it is and I could find it again.
Thanks for any insight anybody might have into this.
Barry

BobM

Scout
Dec 31, 1969
Very unlikely Hudsonia Barry. But what say we get together over the holidays for brunch at a diner down that way, then we go look it over. I'd like to see it.

Bob

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
Bob,
Sounds like a plan. Let's choose a day and we'll do it. While we're at it, I'll show you some other plants that I can't ID so far. They've got me stumped.
Barry

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
I'm free EVERY day from Christmas Eve through New Years day. But I'll undoubtedly be spending time with my lady friend on some of those days. I'll find out what days she works and I'll let you know before the end of the week.

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
Bob,
E-mail me if you'd like, at criterion1974@yahoo.com, and we'll work out the details.
This coming Thursday or Friday, the 27th or 28th, would be good for me. We can get hoagies or something at Farmer John's in Nesco, or we could go a little further away and eat at the diner in Egg Harbor City, or the one in Hammonton, and then head out.
Let me know,
Barry

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
Sorry, I forgot to share our findings with the board.
Unfortunately we DID NOT find the plants again. I bet if I drove that road again I could find it, especially if I was alone with no one to talk to. HA HA. I hate when that happens. I saw them and took pictures, yet we couldn't find them again. They couldn't have walked away...