Labor day on the Wading

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
My family will be out on the Wading River again this year on Labor day. It will be the 26th annual trip. We usually get a nice group as everyone is welcome and friends usually come along too. The young ones are starting to get into canoeing and they always have a blast. You never know what the conditions will be as we've had drought conditions some years and raging waters after a 3 day tropical storm remnant passed through the area a few years back. I highly recommend checking it out. We meet at Pine Barrens Canoe Rental between 9a and 10a approx.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
long-a-coming said:
My family will be out on the Wading River again this year on Labor day. It will be the 26th annual trip. We usually get a nice group as everyone is welcome and friends usually come along too. The young ones are starting to get into canoeing and they always have a blast. You never know what the conditions will be as we've had drought conditions some years and raging waters after a 3 day tropical storm remnant passed through the area a few years back. I highly recommend checking it out. We meet at Pine Barrens Canoe Rental between 9a and 10a approx.

I am assuming you rent so you must be putting up some big bucks. I kayak maybe twice a year and that costs $70. Almost cheaper to buy one I have felt :(

Guy

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
TeeGate said:
I am assuming you rent so you must be putting up some big bucks. I kayak maybe twice a year and that costs $70. Almost cheaper to buy one I have felt :(

Guy
I am the only one who owns a canoe, the rest of the family(uncles, cousins, etc.) only canoe 1x per year. It is expensive, about $35/ canoe. We get a slight discount for having a group though. They charge $10-$15 to carry my canoe w/ the rentals so I usually follow the trucks out there with my vehicle.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BEHR655 said:
If you bought a kayak you find that you would do it more that twice a year.

Yes..but then I would have to buy 2. And then I could see it maybe being 4.

Guy