lacey station

alfonso

Explorer
Oct 9, 2003
bayville
Visit site
i wounder if the place was a storage shed or a regular pick up and drop off spot ? was it two story or one store place? was it a place people drove the horse and buggys too . to pick up and drop off people? was it a ticket station . i found the on in whiting it was made of a red brick and as small as lacey station . { i could tell how to get there if anyone wants the directions} lacey station seems far for poeple to get to back then . but i guess everything was far back then . hows the old saying go ' a horse my kingdom for a horse'

alfonso

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
on the main page of the forums there is a description of what should go in each forum.

Announcements - Website and system announcements
Get Togethers - Plan and discuss your meetings and events here.
Bug Reports, Problems, and Suggestions - Report problems with the forums or website and make suggestions as to how it can improve here.
Ghost Towns and Forgotten Places - Talk about the places and towns that time has forgotten.
Legends and Lore - The Jersey Devil and other campfire stories go here.
Recreation - There's tons to do in the Pine Barrens. Discuss it here.
Politics of the Pines - Talk about land use and issues that relate to the Pine Barrens here.
Nature & the Environment - The Pine Barrens are host to a large diverse ecosystem. Here you can discuss it.
Newspaper Articles - Newspaper articles regarding the Pine Barrens or topic related to the environment in NJ.
General Discussion - Talk about anything here. (anything that isn't covered by one of the above forums)
Electronics Insanity - Talk about GPSs, mapping software, cameras and anything else electronic here.
Classified Ads - Sell your stuff here!

Sorry to be the post nazi but i want to keep posts where they are supposed to go. These forums are too valuable of a resource to let them get disorganized.

BorderWalker

Scout
Jun 26, 2003
Middlesex, NJ
According to Dolph Arens in More Forgotten Towns, the site of Lacey had nine homes. The cellar hole we found was close enough to the railroad bed to have been the station, but the area probably needs another look-over to see if there are any other cellar holes that were missed.

--Tom