Lebanon State Forest Map

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I've made a "map gallery" in the image gallery to hold some of the maps that I have made for various projects and people. You should find the link above.

You might be interested in the map that I have scanned from "Chaseworld" which is a hand-drawn map of Lebanon State Forest. You can find it here:

http://www.njpinebarrens.com/module...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

What's interesting is that it shows the "local" names of some places and roads. I might go out and try to find the "briar patch" and the state gravel hole this weekend.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I admit to partying in the gravel hole in the 1970's. BTW Ben, there is a field (not seen from the road) on either the road from Reeves Bogs to Mount Misery or the Butterworth road that seems to me may have been occupied at one time. A friend of mine got married in the field. It has signs of former habitation, and I always wanted to explore it more thoroughly. It is on the north side of the road.

Not sure I can make it this weekend, but thought you might want to know about it.