little swamp

mike242424

Explorer
Feb 17, 2007
Tabernacle
I'd say about an eighth mile past moores meadow road going south on Carranza on the right is a little narrow trail. It only goes in about 50 feet then you can see where someone dumped brush and what not. Well i noticed an old fire trench ahead that ran parallel to Carranaza. I took it south and bared to my right when it split off. About 5 minutes down the path i noticed an opening on my right. It turned out to be a little isolated opening of swamp land. I thought it was pretty cool. Heres a picture of it below

Attachments

• swamp.JPG
    swamp.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 334

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
That is pretty cool. I've been around that swamp but I don't think I 've been to that exact spot you photographed. Then again maybe I have I don't remember. That whole area around there is very nice with some beautiful cedar swamps. Looks like you found a little savanna in there!! Thanks for the pics.

Jef

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Go back every couple weeks and walk around in it. Check out the flowers because there will be many there. Compare them to our friend Mike Baker's site to identify them.

http://mikebaker.com/

Nice photo's. Thanks for posting them.

Guy

mike242424

Explorer
Feb 17, 2007
Tabernacle
Hey Guy i took your advice and went back to that same spot and i've been seeing this one flower growing. I'm not too sure what it is and i'm sure someone here knows.

Attachments

• apnt.jpg
    apnt.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 190

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is Golden Club ( Never Wet ) that we discussed just a few days ago.

Guy