Live Hawk Cam

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Does anyone know what kind of camera they use for these nests? Is there a local power source or running off batteries? I've been interested in putting up something like this at often poached locations.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
No idea but wouldn't a poacher notice the camera?Or do you think you can place if far enough away and camo it that it wouldn't be noticed? I often find deer stands but noticing the cameras at chest level before I see the stands.Putting cameras up in trees would probably result in less game cameras being stolen.
Al

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Does anyone know what kind of camera they use for these nests? Is there a local power source or running off batteries? I've been interested in putting up something like this at often poached locations.

Several cameras are available and the power source is normally battery with a solar charger, with the camera at the very top. All are fairly obvious. The picture is of one of the latest installed at IBSP. If you live close, it might be worth a trip to take a look, it is at the roadside. There is also a camera down low to monitor vandalism. Unfortunatley, it may have kept the Ospreys from their nest, they should be there by now, have for the past 7 years.

http://friendsofislandbeach.org/ospreycam/

142217141.jpg

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Thanks for the replies guys. Dogg that pixcontroller stuff is pretty cool. The undercover eye raptor is awesome but can't be purchased by the general public. I have trail cameras I've used but they are noticeable and once noticed normally trigger extra searching by the poacher because they realize something sensitive is in the area. Also I had them stolen prior so no longer put the remainder out. I had 2 gravid timber rattlesnakes collected last year and if I had the camera in place i would have caught the guy I've been going after for years.

Really want a camera I can monitor over the internet. Problem is finding a close power source and hiding it.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
What would be the approximate cost of that Dragon?

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
The one pix controller camera that sends images through email or text is about 1300. That includes the remote wireless trigger. Also that doesn't include the monthly data package. Even after that expense it doesn't help in regards to hiding the unit...one possiblity is placing it high up in a tree with the remote sensor at ground level.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is a considerable amount of money. And in one second it could be stolen.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I had no idea it would be that much. I could buy a cheep car for that.

Guy