Looking For A Vehicle And Exploring In Lebanon

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Back in 2021 a member of this site told me about a vehicle in the woods between Howardville and Jones Road. Jessica has been sick for almost three weeks so again today I went out alone. I was able to get fairly close to the place but the route to the location and back was really rough and dense. I may have been near it and never even known. I will give up on this one until I get more clarification.

As usual my left hand took a beating. Look at my heart rate on the watch. It was that high most of the walk as I got close to the location.

IMG_7381a.jpg

Believe it or not this is the Oswego River.

IMG_7383a.jpg

This looks in good shape. I hope they are not leaving it there until next year.

IMG_7382a.jpg

I then headed over to Lebanon along the Cooper Branch. Rooftree told me that a few years back he found a fence involved with cedar restoration and I wanted to check it out. Bob also suggested a location for a sawmill at the same place and I also wanted to look for that.

I did find a post with what appears to be a wire that would most likely have been used to protect the cedars but there was no evidence of a fence.

IMG_7384a.jpg

So I continued on and eventually found the fence but it was not what I expected. I thought the fence was going to protect the cedar but it is being used for a study.

The fence and gate on the upland and not around the cedar.

IMG_7387a.jpg

And the sign.

IMG_7386a.jpg

Throughout the inside of the fence and some places out side it appears it is being used for water testing.

IMG_7388a.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That heart rate is about the same as I get on a treadmill. What really tells the story is your recovery when you stop. It should be down to about 115 or better within about a minute after stopping if you ended at 135.

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
You could use some tough leather gloves or something when walking through thick brush. The briars will really cut you up good.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You could use some tough leather gloves or something when walking through thick brush. The briars will really cut you up good.

To be honest, I thought that area had been burned and did not expect it to be as tough as it was.