looking for new friends

w3504x4

Sep 20, 2009
ortley beach
hey, i'm new to all this, i'v been out to wharton god knows how many times from when i lived in pennsauken....love wharton, see somthing new everytime! i'v since moved down to ortley beach, and have recently explored double trouble off dover rd for a couple hours.....it seems really cool out there, but i was just wondering if anyone that knows alittle about the place can fill me in on some good starting points....me n the wifey love going and exploring the woods, and double trouble is nice and close. bamber lake looks interesting to, was wondering if anyone goes fishing there? or if any of lakes i see on the google maps have any fish? lol, i hate living near the beach, i'm a fresh water guy.....we'd also be up for findin some cool people to go exploring with.....i got a nice big dodge pickup....n the wifey has a durango.....well, thanks for any help or if ya guys just want to chat, hit me up.....

mark :clint:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The reservoirs at DblTrbl have pickeral, very small though. Each weekend the park holds walking tours of the village. Lots to explore around there. Try Dover Forge and the roads/trails that start there.

Head to the beach, the blues and stripers are putting on their annual fall show.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
welcome to the forum. There are lots of good pickerel spots in the Pine barrens. Pick any of the lakes and give it a shot. Try the stafford forge bogs, there are bass in there also. If you use the search feature on this site, you will find alot of info.

Jeff

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Welcome. The Dover Forge and Double Trouble area is very nice. Bamber is loaded with pickerel, but there are some bass here and there. If you're in the Bamber area try going all the way down Dover Rd until it turns dirt. Take the dirt to 539, then hang a left. Theres a lot of cool dirt roads off both sides of the road. If you make a left down one (Bryant) you can head back towards Forked River Mt. Lots of roaming room back there.

reelboys

Scout
Dec 22, 2008
holy park nj
Nice riding

bass river area at 539 into green street swago road to Allen rd . msn maps is your best bet start a Lucile's kitchen in Warren grove off 539 Sunday morning always a crew in their good eats too pm me back always in the pines on foot/bike/truck/