looking to get out and photo some of the cranberry harvest

beachbug

Jun 24, 2007
We'll be camping this weekend in wharton, at wading pines i think it is called,and wanted to see if anyone knew anywhere nearby where I could take some photos of the cranberries. of the paved road is fine , but nowhere that'll need any serious "mudding". want to get some pics and hang out and see what it looks like thats all. kids have never seen the harvest ( hell, me either) and thought it would be a cool sight if it's not all over already. thanks all.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
If your heading to wading pines from the north you will be going down 563. There are plenty of active bogs along the roadside. If you are headed from the south, you may have to continue past wading pines till you merge with 563, then look for bogs along the road side. I was on this road yesterday and there was still some harvesting but not alot at this point.

Jeff

beachbug

Jun 24, 2007
great thanks. didn't know if they were active or not. never been by there this time of year. hopefully we'll find some still this weekend then.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
If your heading to wading pines from the north you will be going down 563. There are plenty of active bogs along the roadside. If you are headed from the south, you may have to continue past wading pines till you merge with 563, then look for bogs along the road side. I was on this road yesterday and there was still some harvesting but not alot at this point.

Jeff

Say Jeff, I took a shortcut to get to Atsion yesterday. I went down your road (and beeped to wake you up), then hooked up with Butterworth Bogs road. I would have been better turning left on Bozarthtown Road, right?

By the way, was that you I saw leaving Hampton Furnace road on your bike (like a bat straight outta hell) and taking off down Carranza toward the southeast at about 9AM?