Lots of rain

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Got quite a soaking down here last night - but we needed it. :) Looks like Al was pretty near ground zero though (10" rain).

wet.png

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I had to drive to work in it last night.Hit water and almost ran off the road half a dozen times.Criks all flooded,neighbors basement flooded,bunch of houses in millville along whitemarsh creek on ireland avenue flooded,sitting in a big lake.It's a mess.Criks are up! Lets go yakkin!

Reactions: Jersey Jeff

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Wait, I'm confused. Is the flood the water or is the flood the media coverage of the basement?

:rolleyes:

1flood
noun \ˈfləd\
a : a rising and overflowing of a body of water especially onto normally dry land; also : a condition of overflowing <rivers in flood>

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area

1flood
noun \ˈfləd\
a : a rising and overflowing of a body of water especially onto normally dry land; also : a condition of overflowing <rivers in flood>

Wait, now I'm really confused. Is a flood a wave of water, or is it the wave of negative emotions experienced by 46'r when he feels someone has ventured outside his narrow swim lane?

Reactions: pinelandpaddler

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Similar flooding up here. There's a biergarden under construction in town that had their basement flooded with 3' of water. They had to hire the fire department to bring a truck over and pump the water back into the lake.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
They are saying this is the most rain Millville has ever had in one day on record.I disagree.I remember maybe eight or nine years ago we had a storm also in August that dropped thirteen inches (This storm was eight) in less then 24 hours and ripped out the Menantico Creek bridge on route 552 and also ripped out the Bridge in Mays Landing on Route 40 next to the Great Egg also many other bridges were taken out all over the area.This was a big storm but not that big.

Reactions: Menantico

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
See the link I posted for more info. But I don't think it's the one you are talking about….

Intense rainfall inundated south-central New Jersey on July 12-13, 2004, causing major flooding with heavy property, road, and bridge damage in Burlington and Camden Counties. Forty-five dams were topped or damaged, or failed completely. The affected areas were in the Rancocas Creek, Cooper River, and Pennsauken Creek Basins.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway

1flood
noun \ˈfləd\

hu·mor
ˈ(h)yo͞omər/
noun
noun: humour; noun: humor; noun: cardinal humor; plural noun: cardinal humors
the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.
"his tales are full of humor"

Reactions: bobpbx

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Yes, I know. But like I said, the 2004 Medford storm was the worst I have seen.

I believe the storm you're thinking of was in 2007 (or 2008) though. I moved down here in May 2006, and about a year later there was a lot of flooding in Atlantic/Salem/Cumberland counties. Stephen Creek became Stephen River. I remember there were a lot of bridges out in Cumberland County.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I believe the storm you're thinking of was in 2007 (or 2008) though. I moved down here in May 2006, and about a year later there was a lot of flooding in Atlantic/Salem/Cumberland counties. Stephen Creek became Stephen River. I remember there were a lot of bridges out in Cumberland County.

That would be the April 2007 Nor'easter. I recall the IRS delayed the 4/15 filing deadline due to the problems from the storm.

http://blog.nj.com/ledgerupdates/noreaster_2007/index.html

Last edited:

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
Worst I remember was the Medford Flood in 2004, I was living on Atsion Rd and lucky to be on high ground. http://pubs.usgs.gov/sir/2006/5096/pdf/sir2006-5096.pdf

I remember that. I was driving home to Marlton from NEPA. Once I got to Marlton, it took nearly an hour and a half to get home. Roads were closed and traffic backed up all over the area. I had to walk the last two blocks because the streets were flooded.