Martha Bridge January 1974

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This photo was really poor. I played around with it to look somewhat better. You can see the islands and trees that were in the river back then which have washed away over the years. That is me in the photo.

Guy Thompson Dev 1:1974.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This was taken along the canal in what today is the Parker Preserve across 532 from Chatsworth Lake. Again, a not so great photo. The photo was taken sometime soon after October 1978 when I purchased my 1978 Land Cruiser. We were having lunch and the photo was taken from a tree. Most likely taken in 1979. I would have to find the slide to know exactly.

1978 Toyota Land Cruiser.jpg

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Another view that you most surely could not view today. The pines are much different today.

View attachment 16479
Teegate, since you have many pictures of Greenwood WMA. Do you have any pictures or recall going to this spot on 539 in Lacey? We used to call it the drop off. You had a really good view from the top of the hill but it was pretty much straight down. In the early 90s it became posted and barricades were put up. A while back I noticed all the signs are down but there are now trees on the hill and the lower trees have grown and the view is not that great anymore.

Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Teegate, since you have many pictures of Greenwood WMA. Do you have any pictures or recall going to this spot on 539 in Lacey? We used to call it the drop off. You had a really good view from the top of the hill but it was pretty much straight down. In the early 90s it became posted and barricades were put up. A while back I noticed all the signs are down but there are now trees on the hill and the lower trees have grown and the view is not that great anymore.

No, I never went there and unfortunately don't have photos. Most of my travels back then on 539 were coming up from the south and turning before that location at Bryant Road to get to the Forked River Mountains.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wick