Millville Holly Orchard

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Yeah, that's the place. I think you guys may be right about it being some kind of trash facility. Not much has changed and the dumpsters are still there.

Scott - thanks for the info. Actually, I recently figured out how to match up the state MOD4 property ownership database to the parcel shapefiles. This is something that eluded me for a long time - you can download shapefiles showing property boundaries but they do not include ownership info. Ownership files are also available for download, but I couldn't figure out what the format was. Once I had my "aha! moment", it was very straightforward to build a relational database and associate the two files.

The result is that I now have a map for all of South Jersey that shows parcels and all the associated info. But this is getting off-topic, so I will start another thread soon. :)

Reactions: Menantico

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Cool, haven't seen that before. Works fine with Safari on my Mac. As I said, I'll fire up my Windows machine and start a separate thread on this soon. Not sure if that NGIN site shows all the available data from the MOD4 database.

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
I think EarthTech bought the place to stage their trash trucks closer to their Cumberland County trash routes.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I really like this program for work projects.I don't think it works with Firefox.

Just tried on Windows 7 Pro with firefox and got a non-stop spinning pinwheel. Tried with internet explorer and got the same thing, but there was an alert saying non-secure content was blocked. When I ignored the dire warnings and clicked the button to display everything, the site worked. :) There may be some security setting in Firefox that would let the site work.

FWIW, this is the full MOD4 record for that property. There are a number of fields that are not shown in the TAX LIST DETAILS at your NJGIN link, but most of them are blank in this case. The only additional item I see is the sale price.

donloss.JPG

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Boyd,
The NJ GIS people have told me that most of their stuff does not work with Firefox.
The NJ Geoweb, which I use a couple times a week, especially sine they recently canned the IMAP program, works in IE but not Firefox.
The spinning wheel appears in IE too with the Taxlist Search program but you have to allow all content as you said.