"Mini Vacation" this weekend

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
So you know those crazy offers you get for timeshares where you go and listen to their pitch and if you turn it down you get something free? About 6 months ago I did just that and after they browbeat me and got somewhat nasty I walked out with my voucher for two free nights at a Marriott anywhere in the U.S. Weeeeeell...after much wrangling, phone calls, and being on hold for 3 hours (yes, 3 hours) I finally won! They changed the dates 3 times on us and basically screwed us at every turn in order to get us to give up, but we finally got two free nights at a Fairfield Inn (owned by Marriott-kind of a scam but it looks like a decent place) in Absecon. We had asked for Atlantic City proper, but hey, its free and its close enough.

Anyway, there's only so much gambling one can do when one's more sensible significant other is tagging along, so I thought we'd plan a South Jersey day trip using the hotel as our base. I'm taking the new truck of course so I'd like to explore some of the fire roads (the wide ones!) in that area. Its supposed to rain Friday but Saturday its just supposed to be cloudy, so hopefully the precipitation will hold.

Is there anything worth seeing at the Makepeace WMA or surrounding area? I was thinking of going up to the southeastern part of Wharton too, but I'd like to stay a little closer to the hotel if there's interesting stuff to see.

Ideas?

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
You're close enough to Weymouth for a look.
For some of your roads, no worse really and you've got the Greenbank, Herman, Bulltown, Bass river area.
The Leeds point area is interesting. Just a couple thoughts.

G