Moore's Beach With Manumuskin

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Bill

Is that card that you posted a look back at how Moore's or Thompson's Beach once looked, it would be great to do a then and now on those two towns, i cannot find though any then pics. And the Robbinsons name for Moore's Beach in the 1930 live maps view no info is available.

Jim

No, Jim. It's not. The photo was simply a mood item I brewed up this morning from a recent Sea Breeze snap. Appropriate I figured, as Sea Breeze, when visited, whispers "it's the last time I look like today;" another bay community on borrowed time.

Oct 25, 2006
No, Jim. It's not. The photo was simply a mood item I brewed up this morning from a recent Sea Breeze snap. Appropriate I figured, as Sea Breeze, when visited, whispers "it's the last time I look like today;" another bay community on borrowed time.[/QUOTE

Sea Breeze was another town that i have never been to but wanted to visit on Friday, all the years i surf fished in Fortescue passing through Cedarville i never had time to visit there.

Caviar (Bayside) is another must see on my list, another case of visiting Greenwich numerous times, taking the Wife to the Ship John Light Restaurant for their crabcakes, i hated when that place closed, but as i was discussing with Al on Friday it looks like in the Bacon's Neck area one can get confused and lost.

Jim

Frolickin

Explorer
Apr 21, 2003
Millville, NJ
rdowens.net
I don't think that is two miles from the observation deck to the beach. I believe it is less than a mile paddle, which is far less direct than the "road". Timing the tides is important if you are going out there.

Visiting when it is a little warmer can return great rewards. More than once I have spotted topless beauties sunbathing on the beach.

I absolutely love Thompson and Moore's beaches. These places are gorgeous. I paddle all the inlets in and around Thompson's and then out to the bay. There's nothing like paddling down to Moore's, getting out, taking a dip, having a bite to eat, and paddling back. One of the finest things I do in this area of ours.

Nice write up.

Oct 25, 2006
I don't think that is two miles from the observation deck to the beach. I believe it is less than a mile paddle, which is far less direct than the "road". Timing the tides is important if you are going out there.

Visiting when it is a little warmer can return great rewards. More than once I have spotted topless beauties sunbathing on the beach.

I absolutely love Thompson and Moore's beaches. These places are gorgeous. I paddle all the inlets in and around Thompson's and then out to the bay. There's nothing like paddling down to Moore's, getting out, taking a dip, having a bite to eat, and paddling back. One of the finest things I do in this area of ours.

Nice write up.

Where do you start your paddle to go to Thompson's, Al and i thought East Point would be a good starting point.

Topless beauties sunbathing ?, Seems like Higbee's Beach north, time for the icy hot, and a looooong walk.:D

Jim

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
East Point Lighthouse

That lighthouse is one of my favorites. Used to take the kids there every year to witness the butterfly migration in the Fall. I love that area, so few people visit there, very isolated feel. Ashame about the artifacs though. In a few years it will all be gone, buried or reduced to rubble. Water works wonders.

Oct 25, 2006
That lighthouse is one of my favorites. Used to take the kids there every year to witness the butterfly migration in the Fall. I love that area, so few people visit there, very isolated feel. Ashame about the artifacs though. In a few years it will all be gone, buried or reduced to rubble. Water works wonders.

I had friends who had their boats docked at Longreach Marina in Bivalve and also at Matt's Landing, the East Point Lighthouse was the first land based object visible from miles out in the Bay. The 17 foot slew in the Bay was a favorite Flounder spot, it was called Flounder alley.

Jim

Frolickin

Explorer
Apr 21, 2003
Millville, NJ
rdowens.net
Where do you start your paddle to go to Thompson's, Al and i thought East Point would be a good starting point.
I put in at the observation deck where Thompson's Road is barricaded. I paddle out both sides depending on which direction I want to go (usually south).

I have thought of putting in at the lighthouse and paddling south. I've only gone north toward Matt's Landing from the lighthouse, however.

FWIW, the show at Thompson's has always been better than Higbees, imo. ;)

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Beaches

Awesome looking trip James. I love that section of the Delaware Bay and there really is a lot to see there. It looks like going at low tide lets you see a whole lot more. What a cool looking place, and that lighthouse is really neat looking. I've driven past that place so many times, and I've never had a chance to stop. One day.