Mopar In The Pines

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Bringing this post back to life. Since we have been discussing the old truck I visited recently, I was looking over the locations of old vehicles I have found and noticed that the one in this post has been removed. You can see the car was still there in 2016; however, by 2017 you can see where it was dragged out.

2016.JPG

Missing in 2017. You can see where it was taken out.

2017.JPG

The location just below the pointer. You can see the rectangle where the car was

The car.

https://teegate.njpinebarrens.com/02272016/2003.JPG

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
There are 2 old cars near Union Clay Works on top of a hill. One is a Chevy caprice classic. Not sure what the other one is. They are northwest of the well in between clay and woodmansie roads

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There are 2 old cars near Union Clay Works on top of a hill. One is a Chevy caprice classic. Not sure what the other one is. They are northwest of the well in between clay and woodmansie roads

Are you referring to a well right near the vehicle?

Reactions: Steve McKee

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I see it too Bob, what do you mean by it?

First, thanks for helping us out Joe. It's very appreciated.

In regards to the car, I was just noting that the decal gives away that it's likely late 70's early 80's. It may not be a Gremlin, but they sported that type of ornament running up the side of the side window. Look up Gremlin images.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
It is a Fox Chassis Mustang. I own an '85 (purchased in '86) and the shape is spot on! There's another Of the same vintage hidden elsewhere in the Pines!

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
First, thanks for helping us out Joe. It's very appreciated.

In regards to the car, I was just noting that the decal gives away that it's likely late 70's early 80's. It may not be a Gremlin, but they sported that type of ornament running up the side of the side window. Look up Gremlin images.

Oh no problem Bob, I thought you knew something significant by the decal is all, Like a special Gremlin package like a GT or Gremlin X or something like that.
Muck I have owned many a Fox Mustang myself! it was the sunroof shape and sail panels that gave it away for me! Now that I think about Bob's stripe and the shape of the hatch glass area, I'm thinking Capri RS, bubble window??

Last edited:

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
There was a supposed Camaro submerged in a very deep farm irrigation pond near me. We had heard it was stolen, set on fire and pushed into the pond. Me and a State Trooper friend of mine always doubted the story because of the source. And then one day, we put my jon boat in the pond for some fishing.

I had a concrete block for an anchor and when I dropped it in in the center of the pond it hit bottom with a dull thud. My buddy and I looked at each other and said "No F'in way !"I lifted the block several times and dropped it and got the thud and then oil started surfacing each time I dropped it. We were convinced the "Camaro" was in fact down there.

A year or so later, my friend ended up purchasing the farm and built a home there but he always wanted to get that car out of the pond. He eventually invited some Trooper buddies over who had scuba gear and they were able to attach chains to it. My buddy used his tractor to drag it up from the bottom and out of the pond. I wasn't easy becasue the pond had very steep side slopes but he got it.

Everyone was surprised when the Camaro ended up being a Ford Bronco II ! It had been set on fire as our source had said so that part was true. A VIN was able to be obtained and it did come back stolen but I remember that it was not stolen from our area.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
There was a supposed Camaro submerged in a very deep farm irrigation pond near me. We had heard it was stolen, set on fire and pushed into the pond. Me and a State Trooper friend of mine always doubted the story because of the source. And then one day, we put my jon boat in the pond for some fishing.

I had a concrete block for an anchor and when I dropped it in in the center of the pond it hit bottom with a dull thud. My buddy and I looked at each other and said "No F'in way !"I lifted the block several times and dropped it and got the thud and then oil started surfacing each time I dropped it. We were convinced the "Camaro" was in fact down there.

A year or so later, my friend ended up purchasing the farm and built a home there but he always wanted to get that car out of the pond. He eventually invited some Trooper buddies over who had scuba gear and they were able to attach chains to it. My buddy used his tractor to drag it up from the bottom and out of the pond. I wasn't easy becasue the pond had very steep side slopes but he got it.

Everyone was surprised when the Camaro ended up being a Ford Bronco II ! It had been set on fire as our source had said so that part was true. A VIN was able to be obtained and it did come back stolen but I remember that it was not stolen from our area.
Who would steal a Bronco II?

Reactions: Wick