More 2011 wildlife

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
I decided to post the 2nd installment of this thread in this subforum so that I could include more from around the state. 2011 has been a great year for wildlife for me . . . here are a handful of the 2011 pics I haven't posted.

Northern pine
_MG_9221.jpg

Red fox (Vulpes vulpes) Adorable, but they rain hell down on diamondback terrapin nests . . .
_MG_9703.jpg

Cicada killer conforming to stereotypes
_MG_8028.jpg

Southern leopard frog
_MG_9583_HDR.jpg

American Mink
_MG_9437.jpg

_MG_9234_HDR.jpg

Christmas coming early
_MG_9063.jpg

Blue-spotted salamander (NOT from the pines . . )
_MG_8407.jpg

Happy hognose . . . less-happy toad
_MG_8634_cleaned.jpg

A harrier that came to visit me at work
_MG_9526.jpg

Coyotes - unseen and abundant
_MG_9579.jpg

young hog
_MG_8526.jpg

Brant
_MG_0317.jpg

Snow bunting
_MG_9874.jpg

snow geese come for some gambling
_MG_0418-2.jpg

fall flooding
_MG_7302_HDR.jpg

Thats it for the moment . . . hope you enjoyed.

-Bob

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ditto! But I really like Early Christmas :) Nice photo's Bob.

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The mink was awesome! Still have never seen one,plenty of otter and a few weasel but never a mink. Is that pic "fall flooding" an HDR shot? It's beautiful,almost too real to be real.
Is the last pic a snowy owl in summer plumage? I've only seen one about five winters ago at the forsyth wildlife drive on the right just as you hit the high ground again after the drive is about over,big field on left.
I was going to say Blue Spotteds are only in north jersey right?

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
thanks again.

Oh and Al you're dead on with everything except the snowy. Its immature plumage. Blue-spots occupy a very limited range in North Jersey . . . anything else you find will be a jefferson hybrid. Oh and yeah that flooding shot is HDR shot, but the fact that you had to ask is basically what I'm going for (to not overdo it despite the temptation).

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Bobbleton
What species is the owl then?
I like the HDR and also have a problem not going overboard.Usually then end up looking like a painting or fake but yours looks realer then real..What software are you using? Do you remember your settings?That picture is almost 3D

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
yeah its the same famous snowy. I hope to get better shots of one at the shore before winter's end. Now I just need one to show up.

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
They're all great, Bob. I borrowed the leopard frog and green snake for a future post on my website -- you said you wouldn't mind . . . Thank you very much! Hope you'll be seeing lots of frogs this spring -- and sharing them with us.

Glo

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
Thanks again everyone!
They're all great, Bob. I borrowed the leopard frog and green snake for a future post on my website -- you said you wouldn't mind . . . Thank you very much! Hope you'll be seeing lots of frogs this spring -- and sharing them with us.
Of course I don't mind! Thank you and enjoy.