More Boardwalk Empire

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
Is anyone else watching this season of Boardwalk Empire? I think it's better than last season, now that they have all the characters established. I've got a couple of issues, one being the mountains 30 miles outside of Atlantic City and the other being how maddeningly short each episode seems to be.
I still love the show though. Imagining my grandmother being a young girl in Ocean City, my grandfathers, one living in Camden and the other in Marlton, probably buying moonshine from a still in the pines.
When I get time, I'd love to research some of the things shown, like the klan in NJ and just that era in general. It's so cool to know exactly where they are talking about and imagine how it was back then. Just makes me love history even more....even if it is Hollywood history, it's a spark.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Yep, I watch it. So far, I prefer last season to this 2nd season. I DVR it, since it conflicts of some of my other shows (The Walking Dead for example), so I can buzz through all the commercials. I think it was last year, they shoud references to either RT-30 or RT-168. It was cool to see nothing more than a dirt road going through the woods, just like we have today in the Pines. I believe it was on that road where several guys were taken out, so their alcohol could be stolen.