MT THOUGHTS ON TEN MILE HOLLOW

alfonso

Explorer
Oct 9, 2003
bayville
Visit site
THINKING ON WHERE THE HOUSES OR A TOWN WAS SET UP . NEAR THE CEMETERY, I DROVE AROUND THERE THE OTHER DAY IN THE SNOW.SO MANY MORE THINGS SHOW UP IN THE SNOW. TOM AND I WERE TALKING ABOUT ,WHERE THE HOUSES WOULD BE IN THAT AREA . I THINK IF THERE WERE ANY HOMES NEAR THE CEMATERY. FOR THE WORKERS OF DOVER FORGE .I THINK IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE SAME SIDE AS THE CONOE DROP OFF AREA .TO THE RIGHT OF IT .AND HERES WHY ..........THAT AREA IS A HIGH ELEVATION ,NOT MUCH BUT IT IS. ALL THE TREES ARE OAK I THINK, NO PINES . I MAY BE WRONG BUT I TREXED THAT WHOLE AREA NEAR THE CEMETERY. AND FOUND NOTHING .SO AM SHOTTING THAT THE HOMES AREA WAS ACROSS THE STREET FROM THAT LARGE TRAIL THAT IS BLOCKED OFF WITH THAT METAL BARRIER. ONLY EXPLORING THE AREA WILL TELL . THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND READING MY THOUGHTS.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
There are several cellar holes near the cemetary. I believe Guy or Renee has GPS coordinates for them.

If the people at 10MH were so poor, chances are they were living in homes that were little more than lean tos and wouldn't have had cellars. Hence, very few cellar holes.

alfonso

Explorer
Oct 9, 2003
bayville
Visit site
I AGREE WITH YOU BEN .BUT I'M SURE THEY LIVED CLOSER TO THE CREEK. AND SOME OF THOSE SPOTS I CHECKED OUT WHERE DEAD ENDS . NO CELLER HOLES JUST DEPRESIONS IN THE GROUND

B

bach2yoga

bruset said:
There are several cellar holes near the cemetary. I believe Guy or Renee has GPS coordinates for them.

If the people at 10MH were so poor, chances are they were living in homes that were little more than lean tos and wouldn't have had cellars. Hence, very few cellar holes.

Here are two of them:
N 39.55'05.7"
W074.17'30.3"

N 39.55'06.5"
W074.17'39.7"

Unfortunately, Ben, I don't seem to have taken any coordinates to the Ridgeway buildings, but we thought we were where the map showed Boyd's hotel. I guess not, if you didn't see them. :?

Have you ever visited the spot marked "brickyard" on the old map near Boyd's hotel? I'd like to check that area out as well.

Renee