Mullica, Then

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Some pics my Uncle dug up for me.
This was a very early 80's winter that actually froze the Mullica.
My Uncle lives on the Bent Creek section of the Mullica below the Mill.
My all time awesome put-in spot. Any hardcore paddlers here probably know these turns by sight. They are my Uncle's views. Keep in mind, this section of the Mullica is still very tidal and flowing and yet this depicted winter froze it well. The title is Mullica, Then... because unlike Guy, I have no... Now.
Please forgive what you see as it is the work of a boob scanning 25 +/- year old 110 film pics and trying to post them.

g.

Attachments

• Mullica Crick 84.jpg
    Mullica Crick 84.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 426

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
What say you, from the 70's? It has that look to the paper.

Bob,
On the very edge... Earliest of 80's but no sir, not the 70's. I miss them as much as you. My heart pounds when I see these. Here's two more wonderful views from that same season. Brings back memories.

g.

Attachments

• Bent Creek.jpg
    Bent Creek.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 382
Oct 25, 2006
Some pics my Uncle dug up for me.
This was a very early 80's winter that actually froze the Mullica.
My Uncle lives on the Bent Creek section of the Mullica below the Mill.
My all time awesome put-in spot. Any hardcore paddlers here probably know these turns by sight. They are my Uncle's views. Keep in mind, this section of the Mullica is still very tidal and flowing and yet this depicted winter froze it well. The title is Mullica, Then... because unlike Guy, I have no... Now.
Please forgive what you see as it is the work of a boob scanning 25 +/- year old 110 film pics and trying to post them.

g.

They look good to me George

Jim

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
I'll be darned, g. It looks like your uncle and my Grandfather were neighbors! I can't tell you how much I appreciate pictures like these. Thank you.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I'll be darned, g. It looks like your uncle and my Grandfather were neighbors! I can't tell you how much I appreciate pictures like these. Thank you.

No doubt... cool.
It's almost like being part of something special having lived on that stretch. I had a feeling you would know that turn! Many wonderful memories attached to that turn! I'll be doing a last paddle of the season soon out of there, just one for the road.
As far as my Uncle, if you've ever met him you would never forget.
He is one Massive walking wall of a human being. All Piney. He is called Bear. A bit bigger even than the one on this site.
I am really pleased you liked the pics.

G.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I was once a boob-scanning 25 year old myself. :)Talk about out of context.
Cool pics George.
It is always awesome seeing tidal water bodies lock up tight.

Thanks much.
The pics are 25 + years old. The Boob is 37.
I do see now why that dialogue could have been deciphered differently.
My bad, I dirtied up Ben's site.

g.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Not to revive my own thread but, when visiting my Uncle Monday Canoeing, we discussed these Pics again. I will reiterate, he is an immense man, and said he himself was out on the Ice and... as the river flows strongly in the winter and the ice must have been a factor, he said when you cleaned up a spot real well you could see the river flowing, no... hauling ass under, the ice. Very cool.
He also said that in a 40 year window, that only happened twice.

g.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Largo,

I enjoy listening to old memories of the Mullica. Stories of the old-timers provide the most indispensable kind of information when it comes to getting an idea of the river's past.